Well V Cove Rangers

Crilly

Congratulations to Cove Rangers for winning through yesterday and commiserations to Formartine United.

I don't think either side has met before so it seems like a first. Looking forward to a good old fashioned cup tie next month weather permitting. Most Dossers will not know much about Cove and so many of us will be swotting up on you prior to the game.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was at the replay game yesterday, the fifth time I have seen both teams this season, and Cove are by far the superior team. The interesting thing to note is that up to now, Cove have only lost one game this season, to Fraserburgh in the Aberdeenshire Cup. This is from a team who have no current permanent home, having had to leave Allan Park to gain their SFA licence. They are currently unbeaten in the Highland League and sit second, though they have games in hand on Brora and should overtake them if they win them. Brora play Cove next week and should Cove avoid defeat, I'd bet on Cove winning the league.

Motherwell fans will recognise Stuart Duff, ex of Aberdeen, Dundee United and Kairat Almaty, who is a regular in the centre of Cove's midfield and is studying to become a social worker. Also recognisable name wise is Roy McBain, ex of Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Peterhead, but his action has been very limited this season due to his age.

Cove's best players, for me, are Blair Yule, in the middle of midfield, played number four yesterday, and Darryl Nicol, up front, number 9 yesterday.

Yule is a superb player, a dynamic midfielder who came through the youth system at Cove and is only 23 years old. Having trialled at Dundee during the summer, he has all the attributes to step up to League One level and perhaps even the Championship. His goal yesterday, where he started the move in his own box and finished it off at the other end was superb.

Nicol is a good striker, capable of running the channels, holding the ball up and beating players. While small in stature, he consistently gets the better of players at this level. Unfortunately for Cove, it seems he may be off to Australia next summer, which would be a major loss.

Other players to look out for are Eric Watson, a big centre half who is a good defender but a very dirty player and Stuart McKenzie, the keeper who missed yesterday's game. Motherwell would do well to target right back Alan Redford with high balls, as he struggles with the aerial side of his game. Motherwell should target both wings and they should win the game fairly comfortably.

Hopefully this provides some start of an insight into Cove for the Motherwell fans.

post-49520-14494281112857_thumb.jpg

He works for Halliburton.

Motherwell fans will recognise Stuart Duff, ex of Aberdeen, Dundee United and Kairat Almaty, who is a regular in the centre of Cove's midfield and is studying to become a social worker.

Was at the replay game yesterday, the fifth time I have seen both teams this season, and Cove are by far the superior team. The interesting thing to note is that up to now, Cove have only lost one game this season, to Fraserburgh in the Aberdeenshire Cup. This is from a team who have no current permanent home, having had to leave Allan Park to gain their SFA licence. They are currently unbeaten in the Highland League and sit second, though they have games in hand on Brora and should overtake them if they win them. Brora play Cove next week and should Cove avoid defeat, I'd bet on Cove winning the league.

Motherwell fans will recognise Stuart Duff, ex of Aberdeen, Dundee United and Kairat Almaty, who is a regular in the centre of Cove's midfield and is studying to become a social worker. Also recognisable name wise is Roy McBain, ex of Inverness Caledonian Thistle and Peterhead, but his action has been very limited this season due to his age.

Cove's best players, for me, are Blair Yule, in the middle of midfield, played number four yesterday, and Darryl Nicol, up front, number 9 yesterday.

Yule is a superb player, a dynamic midfielder who came through the youth system at Cove and is only 23 years old. Having trialled at Dundee during the summer, he has all the attributes to step up to League One level and perhaps even the Championship. His goal yesterday, where he started the move in his own box and finished it off at the other end was superb.

Nicol is a good striker, capable of running the channels, holding the ball up and beating players. While small in stature, he consistently gets the better of players at this level. Unfortunately for Cove, it seems he may be off to Australia next summer, which would be a major loss.

Other players to look out for are Eric Watson, a big centre half who is a good defender but a very dirty player and Stuart McKenzie, the keeper who missed yesterday's game. Motherwell would do well to target right back Alan Redford with high balls, as he struggles with the aerial side of his game. Motherwell should target both wings and they should win the game fairly comfortably.

Hopefully this provides some start of an insight into Cove for the Motherwell fans.

Nicol must have scored about 30 by now.

Ticketing details now made public. £12 with £5 for concessions. Also deal for concessions bought with an adult ticket.

Ticket info here: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/12/09/scottish-cup-ticket-match-information/

The concessions deal as far as I can see is that (if you want) you get a free concessions ticket with an adult brief if bought before Jan. 2nd. Pretty good deal. The offer is open to Cove fans too it seems.

Ticket prices after Jan 2nd as Crilly says above £12 & £5

Ticket info here: http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2015/12/09/scottish-cup-ticket-match-information/

The concessions deal as far as I can see is that (if you want) you get a free concessions ticket with an adult brief if bought before Jan. 2nd. Pretty good deal. The offer is open to Cove fans too it seems.

Ticket prices after Jan 2nd as Crilly says above £12 & £5

Decent prices, to be fair. I had suggested a tenner for an adult, but £12 isn't too bad.

Hopefully, with the free child ticket offer, they can entice some of the people who'll be in the club shop/ticket office in the lead up to Christmas to buy a ticket for this one. Good idea to get them on sale just now.

I assume it's £12 for all stands? I might treat myself to a Main Stand view for this game if that's the case.

Hopefully, with the free child ticket offer, they can entice some of the people who'll be in the club shop/ticket office in the lead up to Christmas to buy a ticket for this one. Good idea to get them on sale just now.

Is the concession purely limited to children does it not apply to those over 60 as well?

Is the concession purely limited to children does it not apply to those over 60 as well?

This is from the website;

• Concessions are listed as Under 16s, Over 60s and Full Time Students with a valid matriculation card.

In addition, both clubs have agreed an initiative whereby any fan that pre-purchases their adult ticket on or before 2nd January 2016 will qualify for an additional concession tickets free of charge.

Take a kid. Take an old man. Whatever you do though, don't give a free ticket to a student. They're c***s!

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be interesting to see how many changes we make next week. It should give McGhee a chance to look at the likes of Samson, Watt, Kennedy, Laing, Thomas, Cadden and even Ainsworth starting.

The biggest dilemma is up front does he give Robinson and Fletcher a chance or does he give McFadden and Clarkson some game time. Purely for nostalgia I'd prefer the latter. Highlights the point that our squad is too big though.

Archived