Well V Cove Rangers

Crilly

Moving away from the "aw naw, there's a wee bit of snow/rain - the game is surely in danger!!??" chat, Motherwell haven't won a Scottish Cup tie since February 2012...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct, 6-0 against Morton in February 2012. A truly disgraceful statistic. We also haven't beaten a top flight side in any cup competition since the St.Johnstone semi final in April 2011.

It's long past time to sort that out.

Both of them.

None of them as the game will be off. It's been snowing heavily in Motherwell and the surrounding areas for over two hours and the roads are treacherous so even if Fir Park stands up to it, the police will call it off.

None of them as the game will be off. It's been snowing heavily in Motherwell and the surrounding areas for over two hours and the roads are treacherous so even if Fir Park stands up to it, the police will call it off.

If its that bad its probably best to call it off now then and save Cove and their fans a wasted journey.

Given our previous track record for weather related postponements then that's actually not a bad shout.

I'd imagine however that they'll wait until the morning to see how conditions are and how/if the pitch and surrounding areas have coped with the snow and the freezing conditions overnight and I'd expect this to be called off by the late morning at the latest.

It was snowing heavily earlier and there is about 1 - 2 inches of snowing lying but it has stopped now. Having said that the skies look like they might have some more in store for us.

Can't imagine the pitch being the problem it will be the roads and surrounding streets and whether they are deemed unsafe.

Right now I think you could put the game on put we'll see what happens over night.

Given our previous track record for weather related postponements then that's actually not a bad shout.

I'd imagine however that they'll wait until the morning to see how conditions are and how/if the pitch and surrounding areas have coped with the snow and the freezing conditions overnight and I'd expect this to be called off by the late morning at the latest.

Not living in the shire I don't know how bad the conditions actually are. Do you think there's any prospect of the game being on at all?

You're quite a pessimistic chap. Also a tedious c**t.

If the game was in any danger whatsoever, it would have been called off well before now. Especially considering where our visitors are coming from.

If the game was in any danger whatsoever, it would have been called off well before now. Especially considering where our visitors are coming from.

^^^^ This.

The club have been running all their usual promo via social media. Put up photos of the park saying it's pretty much fine. There's not (as far as I'm aware) even been any indication that they've asked for a pitch inspection.

Archived