Dundee United City Football Club Club

I see short man and former head of the SPL Roger Mitchell has been in the press saying that Dundee Utd were on the verge of taking over Dundee in 1999.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35027630

They had come up with a new name. They had come up with the strip they would play in,

What do Dundee and United fans think of this?

It's odd that MItchell has re-emerged in the last few months on Twitter rubbishing Scottish football and peddling the usual complete crap that second rate journalists and pundits have been saying for years (Scottish football is terrible, we are a laughing stock etc etc). This is a man who presided over a farcical time in Scottish football, back to which you can trace a lot of the problems Scottish football has at the moment. The spending splurge at the time lead to a number of clubs going into administration, the nonsense policies of the SPL caused organisational difficulties throughout it's lifespan and MItchell himself set the standard for the mix of incompetence and arrogance that has characterised the administration of Scottish football for a long time.

He recently stormed off Twitter saying he couldn't take all the abuse. He's got 265 followers.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see short man and former head of the SPL Roger Mitchell has been in the press saying that Dundee Utd were on the verge of taking over Dundee in 1999.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35027630

What do Dundee and United fans think of this?

It's odd that MItchell has re-emerged in the last few months on Twitter rubbishing Scottish football and peddling the usual complete crap that second rate journalists and pundits have been saying for years (Scottish football is terrible, we are a laughing stock etc etc). This is a man who presided over a farcical time in Scottish football, back to which you can trace a lot of the problems Scottish football has at the moment. The spending splurge at the time lead to a number of clubs going into administration, the nonsense policies of the SPL caused organisational difficulties throughout it's lifespan and MItchell himself set the standard for the mix of incompetence and arrogance that has characterised the administration of Scottish football for a long time.

He recently stormed off Twitter saying he couldn't take all the abuse. He's got 265 followers.

So he said that we would amalgamate and that essentially it would be a takeover by the Arabs yet it was Peter Marr (Dee Chairman) that was behind all this.

I'm calling him a lying twat.

Does he have a book coming out?

Not surprised to see it would be United taking over Dundee, not surprised to see the team would've been playing in Tangerine, and not surprised to see they'd be playing at Tannadice as well.

Pretty clear to see who the City's big team is.

Not surprised to see it would be United taking over Dundee, not surprised to see the team would've been playing in Tangerine, and not surprised to see they'd be playing at Tannadice as well.

I've given you a red dot, not for the content of your post, but for the horrific attempt at trolling.

Peter Marr been in the paper today saying the boy is spouting pish.

Since it seems to be de rigeur here I will take this lying weasels word as gospel and use it to state as fact this never happened.

Those fans taking Roger Mitchells words as gospel truth are as deluded as anyone listening to Peter Marr.

I've given you a red dot, not for the content of your post, but for the horrific attempt at trolling.

I've given you a red dot for being a Celtic supporting DAB racist dickhead.

Peter Marr been in the paper today saying the boy is spouting pish.

Since it seems to be de rigeur here I will take this lying weasels word as gospel and use it to state as fact this never happened.

Those fans taking Roger Mitchells words as gospel truth are as deluded as anyone listening to Peter Marr.

Peter Marr's word on this is gospel?!

This was reported five years ago anyway. Whatever the validity of the gossip, let's just be glad it didn't happen.

And anyway, Dundee United City? What a fcuking stupid name!

Peter Marr's word on this is gospel?!

This was reported five years ago anyway. Whatever the validity of the gossip, let's just be glad it didn't happen.

And anyway, Dundee United City? What a fcuking stupid name!

^^^struggles to understand simple posts

All threads postulating amalgamation of United and Dundee should be automatically banned by mods on here. Fans of neither club want it, only silly folk who support other clubs even want to discuss it.

Mitchell was an insignificant w**k then and he's managed to fall away since.

What's the little c**t angling for here anyway? He was nowhere to be seen for years now he's been back spouting utter shite about Sevco on Sportsound, opened up a twitter account and now this pish. I take it he's whoring himself about, attempting to appear relevant in the hope of getting a job somewhere?

Or has he got a book out in time for Christmas? No 1 bestseller IMO.

Archived