Dundee United City Football Club Club

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best remembered at Firhill for saying in 2002 before we got promoted that

If anyone thinks the Partick Thistle team of today could hold their own in the SPL then they have been smoking dope.

We then stayed up with 8 of the 11 most used players being guys who were part of our first division winning squad. By which time he'd resigned after his SPL TV deal failure had left the clubs skint. Also helped bring in the 10,000 seat rule which helped f**k over a good few clubs, mine included.

Definitely sounds like he wants a job somewhere.

Around the time of that "smoking dope" quote he recounted that after discussing the SPLTV idea with the chairmen at the time he'd looked around the table and seen that they were "hard-nosed, self-made businessmen" who wouldn't back the idea if it wasn't going to work.

Some of those chairmen

The Marrs - took Dundee into administration.

Dominic Keane - took Livingston into administration

John Boyle - took Motherwell into administration

Chris Robinson - took Hearts to the brink of leaving Tynecastle to avoid administration, had to sell to Romanov who eventually got them there.

John Yorkston - took Dunfermline into precarious financial position, eventually leading to them going into administration

The fact that Scottish football turned down a deal with Sky to try and run their own pay TV station still baffles me.

This

He was regularly ridiculed for his lack of height, squecky voice and mullet

Probably still lives with his mum and plays Football Manager in his pyjamas

Who does that remind us of...

All threads postulating amalgamation of United and Dundee should be automatically banned by mods on here. Fans of neither club want it, only silly folk who support other clubs even want to discuss it.

Well said, George.

The only rationale for United merging with Dundee would be in an attempt to make the resultant amalgamation stronger financially with more fans. Calling the new club Dundee United anything, playing in tangerine at Tannadump would surely be a bit self defeating?

As others have said the man is a total arsèhole.

Is he not dead anyway. Car crash a few years ago I seem to recall reading?

That was Ron Dixon, another in the long line of chancers that fans of Dundee Football Club have had the misfortune of having to tolerate.

Well said, George.

I far prefer it when you're insulting me. :(

That was Ron Dixon, another in the long line of chancers that fans of Dundee Football Club have had the misfortune of having to tolerate.

What a man. Was he not the one with the plans for the new stand "towering over Dens Road like a Collossus" or some similar pish.

Should have got him together with monorail Bob, we could have had the finest and best connected imaginary facilities in the whole of Scotland.

Sunbeam arena.

I'm sure he did one of these split diagonally, half blue/half tangerine.

if0var.jpg

Bob was brilliant for that type of thing and he was/is a Hearts supporter!

The monorail was a great shout.

Archived