Catholic Rangers, Protestant Celtic

My own opinion going by my experiences is that while many Protestants support Celtic, many Catholics tend not to support Rangers...but there are some. My missus being one. There was also a Rangers supporting Priest from Easterhouse.

However I think this is because that...

1. Celtic have never operated a sectarian signing policy unlike Rangers

2. While our songs might not be to a lot of people's liking...they are not set about to offend another religion unlike Rangers. Our songs are political of the Republican nature. The offensive songs from Ibrox often attacks the Catholic religion...against the Pope, Chapels, ****** blood etc etc.

Just my opinion and feel free to disagree but I'm not getting into a tit-for-tat argument.

"Soon there will be no Protestants at all"

Yer talking shite Dave

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any comment on 50 odd thousand of the celtic faithfull gleefully singing about Walter smith being a sad orange so and so

50 odd thousand?

By that analogy then were the entire 45,000 at Ibrox in December singing something similar to Alan Stubbs?

My own opinion going by my experiences is that while many Protestants support Celtic, many Catholics tend not to support Rangers...but there are some. My missus being one. There was also a Rangers supporting Priest from Easterhouse.

However I think this is because that...

1. Celtic have never operated a sectarian signing policy unlike Rangers

2. While our songs might not be to a lot of people's liking...they are not set about to offend another religion unlike Rangers. Our songs are political of the Republican nature. The offensive songs from Ibrox often attacks the Catholic religion...against the Pope, Chapels, ****** blood etc etc.

Just my opinion and feel free to disagree but I'm not getting into a tit-for-tat argument.

That's not true imo..

Archived