Catholic Rangers, Protestant Celtic

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irish independence actually occured whilst Celtic was alive its supporters who were virtually all of (very recent) irish heritage would have rightly sung songs about 1916 and other pro republican songs.But im not buying your tenuous link to rangers fans maybe having ancestors at 1690 ffs!And explain to us out of the dozens of wars we have been involved in why is it a sectarian battle over 300 years ago Rangers fans favourite?Surely it should be ww1 or ww2 that had the greatest effect on us?

What sectarian battle are you referring to ? The siege of Derry took place in 1689 and not 1690 , that is when the battle of the boyne took place , the debate was what the song derrys walls was in reference to , hence why I am saying you have no idea what you are on about , you are just spouting randum figures and occasional mentioning 1690 or 1916 to give your waffling some sort of relevance

What sectarian battle are you referring to ? The siege of Derry took place in 1689 and not 1690 , that is when the battle of the boyne took place , the debate was what the song derrys walls was in reference to , hence why I am saying you have no idea what you are on about , you are just spouting randum figures and occasional mentioning 1690 or 1916 to give your waffling some sort of relevance

Wrong...I was replying to Youngsy who was specifically talking about the battle of the Boyne, and any references to the Siege of Derry i said (over 300 years ago)

Unlucky Idiot.

I asked you to point out where I was wrong, you failed.

Well for a start the post you replied to youngsy on he did not specifically mention the battle of the boyne as you put it , not that I generally care , my point still stands that all you have done on this thread is waffle shite

Well for a start the post you replied to youngsy on he did not specifically mention the battle of the boyne as you put it , not that I generally care , my point still stands that all you have done on this thread is waffle shite
Of course people will have family lineage and therefore ancestry connection to the Battle of the Boyne, so i don't know how you can state that Rangers fans have zero connection in that context. If you're going on family lineage then that applies both ways, even back to the Battle of the Boyne.
Irish independence actually occured whilst Celtic was alive its supporters who were virtually all of (very recent) irish heritage would have rightly sung songs about 1916 and other pro republican songs.But im not buying your tenuous link to rangers fans maybe having ancestors at 1690 ffs!And explain to us out of the dozens of wars we have been involved in why is it a sectarian battle over 300 years ago Rangers fans favourite?Surely it should be ww1 or ww2 that had the greatest effect on us?
And wrong again idiot.

Irish independence actually occured whilst Celtic was alive its supporters who were virtually all of (very recent) irish heritage would have rightly sung songs about 1916 and other pro republican songs. But im not buying your tenuous link to rangers fans maybe having ancestors at 1690 ffs! And explain to us out of the dozens of wars we have been involved in why is it a sectarian battle over 300 years ago Rangers fans favourite? Surely it should be ww1 or ww2 that had the greatest effect on us?

So it's a tenuos link as regards ancestry when it applies to Rangers fans but everyone should accept and recognise a Scot claiming to have Irish ancestry without question, is that what you're saying? Please do me a favour ffs, i'm old enough to have witnessed the bigotry and sectarianism from both sides of this nonsense.

If a person had a great, great grandfather who was Protestant, born and brought up in Belfast or elsewhere in Northern Ireland and was an Orangeman does that give that person, 4th or 5th generation, the right to commemorate battles from many years ago because quite simply that is what many supporters of your club are doing from the other viewpoint, no matter what date any conflict took place.

Take a look at yourselves, you shower of idiots. OF fans are utterly ridiculous.

It wasn't an oF fan who started this particular thread, tbf, although it has wandered slightly off topic. But, don't they always?

Take a look at yourselves, you shower of idiots. OF fans are utterly ridiculous.

Whether you agree or not with anything about this thread, every poster has a right to reply if they are not in agreement with any particular post, this forum and this thread is not designed for only your opinion or indeed right to reply and as has been stated if you're not interested then don't get involved.

Whether you agree or not with anything about this thread, every poster has a right to reply if they are not in agreement with any particular post, this forum and this thread is not designed for only your opinion or indeed right to reply and as has been stated if you're not interested then don't get involved.

Who said I wasn't interested?

I find you chaps oddly and chillingly fascinating.

Archived