Favourite Xmas #1/ Xmas song

jagfox

My favourite is Kirsty McColl and Shane McGowan's masterpiece, and only because it's anti-Christmas. Most of the rest are so played out I'm surprised the needle/cd/whatever device they're played on still plays them.

We need some new talent to come along and write new Christmas tunes to challenge the constantly played drivel that passes for "classic" Christmas songs which have all been done to death.

I'm not at all anti-Christmas but I hate the bulk of Christmas songs.

Bah humbug!

My favourite is Kirsty McColl and Shane McGowan's masterpiece, and only because it's anti-Christmas. Most of the rest are so played out I'm surprised the needle/cd/whatever device they're played on still plays them.

We need some new talent to come along and write new Christmas tunes to challenge the constantly played drivel that passes for "classic" Christmas songs which have all been done to death.

I'm not at all anti-Christmas but I hate the bulk of Christmas songs.

Bah humbug!

The Darkness' christmas effort was really good, but pretty much the only one to come out in 21st century thats been decent.

The Darkness' christmas effort was really good, but pretty much the only one to come out in 21st century thats been decent.

Aye, I agree with that. I saw the Darkness a couple of weeks ago at the O2 Academy in Glasgow and it was one of the last songs they played and it's much better live than in the studio. I missed it out as my favourite is Fairytale of New York. No other reason.

Most other Christmas tunes are Aulder than me and That's saying something.

Archived