2nd Jan Leith P&B crawl the Walk

Grim O'Grady

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have been up for that, although I will be in London, so I will need to wait for the next one.

Out of interest, what is the running order of boozers? I take it the Central bar is the last call?

From the top

1. Jermiah's Taproom

2. Joey Pearce's

3. Windsor Buffet

4. Black Fox

5. Robbie's

6. Brass Monkey

7. Harp & Castle

8. Victoria's

9. Woodland Creatures

10. Boda

11. Alhambra

12. Cask & Still

13. Meridian?

14. Bar Brig,

15. Spey Lounge

16. Central bar

17. The Foot of the Walk

Are there any missing? Someone told me the other day a new one has opened up.

Grimbo

6pm start for SEVENTEEN pubs?

Surely going to be cutting it tight to get it finished

Three boozers an hour seems ambitious, particularly if there is a squad of folk going.

Most of the the pubs mentioned will only have one or two bar staff on at most. With other customers looking to get served, and drinking time slowing after the first few, along with walking between pubs ( albeit they are not too far apart) factored in, I reckon 12 - 14 pubs would be achievable between 6.00 -1-00pm.

A 3.00pm kick off on the otherhand would be much more civilised. Mind you, as I am not going, my thoughts can be discounted.

Three boozers an hour seems ambitious, particularly if there is a squad of folk going.

Most of the the pubs mentioned will only have one or two bar staff on at most. With other customers looking to get served, and drinking time slowing after the first few, along with walking between pubs ( albeit they are not too far apart) factored in, I reckon 12 - 14 pubs would be achievable between 6.00 -1-00pm.

A 3.00pm kick off on the otherhand would be much more civilised. Mind you, as I am not going, my thoughts can be discounted.

The template for the Subcrawl was getting a 'beer buddy', it saves time and there are less bodies at the bar.

The template for the Subcrawl was getting a 'beer buddy', it saves time and there are less bodies at the bar.

That's fair enough, but it is still only the one or two bar staff serving so there will still be a bottleneck, so to speak. Mind you, if it is tried and tested who am I to cast judgement.

Going by the schedule, I would be off of the pints after pub three and on to the Havana Club 7 and cokes if I wanted to keep up!

That's fair enough, but it is still only the one or two bar staff serving so there will still be a bottleneck, so to speak. Mind you, if it is tried and tested who am I to cast judgement.

Going by the schedule, I would be off of the pints after pub three and on to the Havana Club 7 and cokes if I wanted to keep up!

f**k that, us veterans insist on cocktails.

I did suggest imbibing a 1/2 pint in each pub it's still over a gallon of ale & obviously the drinking time would be quicker. 2ndly some of the pubs are at best described as 1/2 pint pubs.

Although some scoffed at that idea. I'm no a spirits drinker but what damage could drinking 17 drams?

The reason it's a 6pm ko is that it gives the Spartans & Ed City crew time to get down from Ainslie Park & those at the Hibs game time to get from Easter Rd.

Grimbo

Archived