2nd Jan Leith P&B crawl the Walk

Grim O'Grady

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm out grimbo. Got paid last week, but that's to last until the 29th of January.

f**k me Philpy, it was you who wanted me to organize this! I'll see if any of the pubs have pool tables?

I'm actually working the 2nd now, but can join you after 9 if yer still out.

If it ends up just being me & Slippery P, I'll let you know.

Anyone else struggling to make it? Or any confirmations of crawling?

Grimbo

f**k me Philpy, it was you who wanted me to organize this! I'll see if any of the pubs have pool tables?

If it ends up just being me & Slippery P, I'll let you know.

Anyone else struggling to make it? Or any confirmations of crawling?

Grimbo

I know, I know. I thought I'd be ok Money-wise, but we've had a couple of unexpected things crop up.

I only got grade 3 CSE in arithmetic but even on my limited skills. If we drink a pint in all 17 pubs it's going to be a fast pint to do the full crawl, a 20 minute pint + travel time to next pub seems reasonable to start with. But then factor in toilet breaks & slowing down drinking. We won't make the full walk in time. 6pm to midnight, gives us 6 hours. Also if it averages £3.50 a pint it's going to cost about £60 each.

I'm happy to stick £60 in the kitty but there's no way I will be drinking pints all the way. So whatever is left in the kitty at the end of the crawl goes to charity.

Grimbo

Can anyone remember when the Spey Lounge turned their snug into a Thai restaurant about 10 years ago?

The most unlikely pub on Leith Walk ever to serve food, never mind Asian food.

I didn't go in, but my thoughts were the owner had bought a mail order bride and thought he give her something meaningful to do. Needless to say, it didn't last.

My favourite Leith Walk tale was when some punter went into the Dolphin chippy, next door, cut off his cock and asked them to cook it for him.

That did happen and was on the front page of the Evening News.

That was Lala who cut his cock off in the Mermaid right next to the Spey Lounge

Was he not something to do with a suspicious death in Lochend also?

Does that nutter in the wheelchair still go about Leith walk and block the traffic from time to time?

He used to claim he lost his legs in the Falklands war but he really just failed at suicide and got them cut off by a train! I once made a split second eye contact with him through the window of the Alhambra bar and he managed to open the doors and started screaming at me to come outside for a fight. :lol:

Does that nutter in the wheelchair still go about Leith walk and block the traffic from time to time?

He used to claim he lost his legs in the Falklands war but he really just failed at suicide and got them cut off by a train! I once made a split second eye contact with him through the window of the Alhambra bar and he managed to open the doors and started screaming at me to come outside for a fight. :lol:

You'd have been safe, no way would he have kicked your c**t in.

I'm surprised to read that. The Alhambra is very peaceful compared to what other people think.

I'm surprised to read that. The Alhambra is very peaceful compared to what other people think.

No, I was in the pub and he was rolling down the street outside. My uncle was the landlord at the time and i was enjoying the hospitality at the time.

Archived