St Mirren - 'All in the Game', 1977

Nah, it's below. Prizemoney apparently £2,000.

Seemingly Hearts entered previous year.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/ITV/oddsends.html

All In The Game

First series broadcast on ITV from 21st July - 1st September 1976 (networked in a Wednesday evening slot at 7:00-7:30pm)
Second series broadcast on ITV from September - October 1977 (Day/Times varied by region)

This was an HTV produced series recorded at Bristol City's ground featuring eight clubs taking part in a knock-out fitness/skills contest, it was presented by Dickie Davies with Brian Moore commentating, Norwich City and Derby County reached the final of the first series, other teams involved were Bristol City, Hearts, Leeds United, Manchester United, West Ham United and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

The eight clubs who took part in the 2nd series were Bristol City, Ipswich Town, Leeds United, Leicester City, Manchester City, Queens Park Rangers, St Mirren and Wolverhampton Wanderers, the final contested by Leicester City and Manchester City.

I love stuff like this.

It's from just before my time, but the list of teams involved reminds us of how much the game kind of hung together back then.

The gulfs existed, but were not massive. The teams occupied similar universes.

Sadly unthinkable now.

Think it was presented by Brian Moore. Involved rounds of different challenges, free kicks with a wall of dummy defenders, cross balls for headers & volleys & a shoot out. Only one Scottish team per series.

Think it was presented by Brian Moore. Involved rounds of different challenges, free kicks with a wall of dummy defenders, cross balls for headers & volleys & a shoot out. Only one Scottish team per series.

Still going strong isn't it, on midweek TV?

Although they've renamed it the Champion's League.

I remember it

One challenge was a player had to pass the ball to a team mate who was inside a circle one yard in diameter

The receiver couldn't leave the circle therefore the pass had to be spot on and the receiver had to be able to trap the ball.

Might be the years have made my memory of it a bit rosier but I think Tony Fitzpatrick was passing to Frank McGarvey and he was the only one who hit his target three out of three?

Could also be why Bristol City eventually bought Tony as it was hosted at Ashton Gate

Archived