Glasgow City Centre Bars & Pubs

Stuarty

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where do we class as the city centre ? I quite like the drover inn.

If you're talking about the drover on the gallowgate that's the east end.

If you're talking about the drovers inn at loch lomond that's not in Glasgow.

What's the Bavaria Brauhaus like? Seems to do a lot of the same beer I had in Munich last week.

It's alright, a bit soulless and quite pricey but the beer is good. If you're a #lad like me who likes wearing shirts with jumpers and has a bit of cash about him it could be right up your street though.

It's alright, a bit soulless and quite pricey but the beer is good. If you're a #lad like me who likes wearing shirts with jumpers and has a bit of cash about him it could be right up your street though.

That sounds like me!

I'm going this afternoon - do they do beer in steins?

Link please! I wanna see which of you I agree with!

Throbber reckons that The Laurieston bar is in the city centre because it's only a few minutes walk from Central Station while Enrico vehemently denies that this is the case as it involves crossing the Clyde, which in his mind, is the natural boundary of the city centre.

Pretty much spot on.

The demographic was basically 98% blokes in their late 30s-early 40s all in "smart casual".

There was a decent enough selection of beers and if you've been to Munich recently you'll recognise all the bigger names - HB, Hacker Pschorr, Paulaner, Lowenbrau etc. It's laid out like a proper brauhaus but it does all feel a bit too twee. Biggest issues negatives are the prices - over a fiver for a pint is pushing it a bit - plus the fact that the barmaids aren't in dirndls. Its not a proper Bavarian experience if there are no puppies on display!

Throbber reckons that The Laurieston bar is in the city centre because it's only a few minutes walk from Central Station while Enrico vehemently denies that this is the case as it involves crossing the Clyde, which in his mind, is the natural boundary of the city centre.

I can't remember specifically saying that bar but I was meaning the carling academy. It was innocent to begin with and I didn't even mean to say bridge street was city centre but enrico didn't back down and called me a fucking idiot and it got out of hand

It was a thread about Edinburgh trams - enrico went in a right huff and I don't know if he has been back

Both you and Enrico made c***s of yourselves on that thread, you hardly pushed him out the door.

He did that himself on the Lets all laugh at Celtic thread.

Archived