Cowden V Ayr

That we were very good tonight with every player on top form. We gave the youngest squad in the league and we should try and tie up the best ones ASAP for next season. Kerr for me is a quality centre back.

I still think Ayr are a good football side. If they can add two or three players and keep their squad fit, they will still give the Pars a run for their money.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it so difficult to accept that our forward play was better than your defence? Didn't think Ayr played badly tonight but we were excellent going forward and would have scored more except for your excellent keeper and some cynical fouls when we were breaking forward.

I think you think I am having a dig, I'm not, we deserved to lose, probably by a bigger margin than we did, but this wasn't because Cowden were a marauding force, it was because Ayr were stinking rotten, didn't make challenges, didn't mark players, gave the ball away when they were the last man.....

Watch the highlights

As much as I very excited at signing Trouten who in many people's opinion was the best player in the league last season, and to hear that Championship teams wanted him only increased my confidence that he would be a hit. Now in January I'm wondering what has he actually done. Still baffled as to why he is always in the team. McCall may have been forced to play him in recent weeks due to other injuries. But it seems to me he is only playing due to his form last season.

I think you think I am having a dig, I'm not, we deserved to lose, probably by a bigger margin than we did, but this wasn't because Cowden were a marauding force, it was because Ayr were stinking rotten, didn't make challenges, didn't mark players, gave the ball away when they were the last man.....

Watch the highlights

Didn't make challenges because our movement was good enough that you couldn't get near us, same for marking, outdone by our movement. You gave the ball away because we pressed and harried you constantly and your players weren't composed enough to deal with it.

You were outplayed by a marauding force.

Is Ayr's injury problem not a symptom of McCall's archaic practices?

Aj has our players doing proper fitness training and aside from 2 freak injuries, our squad has stayed fit all season, excluding a couple of niggles.

In his post match interview he says that the physio is off long term sick, Gilmour hasn't been assessed yet and none of the other players have had treatment, he is trying to get them to a physio this week

Didn't make challenges because our movement was good enough that you couldn't get near us, same for marking, outdone by our movement. You gave the ball away because we pressed and harried you constantly and your players weren't composed enough to deal with it.

Yeah............

Is Ayr's injury problem not a symptom of McCall's archaic practices?

Aj has our players doing proper fitness training and aside from 2 freak injuries, our squad has stayed fit all season, excluding a couple of niggles.

Not sure. To be fair, this is where the pars have an advantage due to having a much larger squad. One player out for Ayr and it goes to shit.

In his post match interview he says that the physio is off long term sick, Gilmour hasn't been assessed yet and none of the other players have had treatment, he is trying to get them to a physio this week

Without trying to be on the wind-up, that is painfully small-time.

Easier to do fitness sessions when you're full time of course, but up until recently we've looked very fit for a part time outfit.

Was always going to be a slog for us once key players got injuries, to have several at the same time is just unluckly.

Take Moffat and Faissal out of Dunfermline's first choice team and youse would suffer too.

Oh aye that's right mate. Watch out everyone it's the Blue Brazil, the marauding force of league 1, sitting in SIXTH place.

Home win tonight IMO. Canny expect to win when half of your first team are injured.

Disappointed in the manner of defeat but it was fairly obvious, even after the b*****ds gave us early hope.

Easier to do fitness sessions when you're full time of course, but up until recently we've looked very fit for a part time outfit.

Was always going to be a slog for us once key players got injuries, to have several at the same time is just unluckly.

Take Moffat and Faissal out of Dunfermline's first choice team and youse would suffer too.

We would, but in MAC and Wallace we have reasonable replacements.

Watch the highlights

You are being biased to your own team.

We played some good football, moving the ball well with runners at pace with purpose. It's hard to live with that at part time level.

Archived