Cowden V Ayr

Based on that game you'd think Cowdenbeath were the team sitting in 2nd. The movement of the front men was impressive however the defence is still a bit suspect and that's what we'll have to exploit on Saturday, a point wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for us on Saturday imo.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We certainly can't expect to win, but we stil have a decent back four and four of the better players in the division in Trouten, Forrest, Stevenson and Preston going forward. In other words we are still good enough to get a win.

Your back 4 is awful. We tore them to bits.

Not surprised at this result with our run of form recently yet somehow we are still just 6 points off the majestic Pars.

The bitterness is strong in this one.

Two away defeats ever since you lost consecutive games to us, can Stranraer make it three in a row?!

Out fucking standing.

Ayr keeper man of the match for me from their point of view.

Spence and Smith ripped Ayr to bits at times along with Deano.

Sneddon with a few great saves too.

I thought the first goal was about 5+ yards offside but others round me thought Donaldson had played everyone on.

We can beat anyone with this team now compared to earlier in the season and why not think a playoff spot is achievable.

If we still have the same players missing on Saturday then I fully expect Another away defeat. It's too many important players to take out a starting XI. Hope at least Moore and Gibson could be back

Thats good news we have signed Gibson , whoever he is!!!

An absolutely outstanding performance by Cowdenbeath Fc tonight.

Full marks to the team tonight especially from going down one nil early which our players reacted superbly.

Colin Nish certainly has turned things around as a manager and I didn't think I would be saying this a month or so ago but he fully warrants manager of the month in my eyes. Colin seems to have finally found his feet and full credit to him getting our team playing exciting football in recent weeks

Well done Cowdenbeath keep it up.

With Sneddon struggling badly (still made a couple of excellent saves) and our defence being easy to cut open on a big pitch, I am fearful of Saturday I must say.

I predict 6-5 Cowden.

I'm expecting a home win on Saturday but I hope and expect we can compete a bit better than the last twice we were at EEP. I'm going along for the Norrie tribute and hopefully a good competitive game.

Edit to add- buzzing after tonight's game. Brilliant.

Went to this one, Ayr were absolutely terrible, McCall was fizzing at Forrest for most of the first half for going narrow. Cowden played well but there defence is poor, the goalie looks really shakey as does the left back and bald centre back is a carthorse. Nothing for us to fear on Saturday, should be a comfortable win.

Archived