Motherwell vs St Johnstone 30/12/15

Do you think id be alright to park in the Taggarts car park next to the ground?

You can normally get a spot in the national tyre centre next to it for evening games. If not you'll get a spot on fern street next to it. Its probably your best bet if your in the south stand.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe John Boyle took the micro climate with him when he left Motherwell FC.

It appears to be no longer an issue. From the pictures from the MFC Twitter, the pitch looks in fantastic condition. Considering the stick it's taken over the years (99% of it justified, to be fair), it's only right the new groundskeeping staff get some recognition for their work. *

* The game will be called off now, due to a waterlogged pitch, won't it?

The pictures of the pitch look excellent. Should suit our sexy football.

According to Steelmenonline we're filled with niggly fouling cheats who wind players up for 90 minutes by kicking them off the ball. Im amazed we actually score goals tbh.

According to Steelmenonline we're filled with niggly fouling cheats who wind players up for 90 minutes by kicking them off the ball. Im amazed we actually score goals tbh.

You've only got yourself to blame.

St. Johnstone are a very good side. As for the Murray Davidson hatred of a couple on SO, as another pointed out, he's very much like Stephen Pearson in that way. Every team needs one or two of those types of players.

I don't think St. Johnstone have had the credit they deserve over the last couple of years, even going back to the cup win. Not sure what the fans think about it, but I quite liked it that way when Motherwell had their three good seasons in a row a while back. All the focus seemed to be on Rangers/Aberdeen/Dundee Utd and we went quietly about our business, racking up wins.

What's the expected St. Johnstone line-up tonight?

As far as I know, we've no new injuries, so it should be same again!

------------ Ripley ------------

-- Law Hall McManus Hammell --

Grimshaw Lasley Pearson Johnson

------- Moult McDonald ---------

Allan madman Mannus

Joe the strangler Shaughnessy. Dave Destroyer Mackay. Steven Animal Anderson. Biffer Brian Easton

Michael Hitman O'Halloran. Chris Chopper Millar. Monster Murray Davidson. Liam Crazy Craig

Chris karate kid Kane

Slasher Steven Maclean

Manager: Tommy tomahawk Wright

Mannus

Joe Throw Anderson Mackay Scobbie

O'Halloran Millar Muzz Wotherspoon

Maclean Cummins

I feel Scobbie would deal better with whichever one of Ainsworth or Johnson plays for Motherwell on that wing, Easton has struggled against Ainsworth already this season. As for the rest of the defence I'm not too bothered which of Fisher or Shaughnessy start and Ando/Mackay are competent enough in the middle.

Midfield pretty much picks itself when all our players are fit, while Wotherspoon has arguably been our best player in the last month or two. Great to see him finding confidence while playing wide and actually scoring goals for the first time in his career here.

Upfront is easy if Cummins is available, if he isn't I would go with Kane but I think Tommy would plump for Johnny Cheekbones which would be a shame as it would completely limit our attack.

Archived