Motherwell vs St Johnstone 30/12/15

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, we played a game at home to Aberdeen a couple of years back on a night when police had issued a warning telling people not to travel unless it was absolutely necessary.

For some absurd reason the game went ahead, with a crowd of 1600 (about 1/4 of what it would have been) in horrendous conditions and was decided by a wind assisted goal from the centre circle.

In those circumstances id be all for the game being called off on those grounds.

What a shit night that was to play a football match, absolute nightmare.

I'm confident the game will be on. The rain is to be off for the next few hours, so hopefully it gives the groundstaff time to work on it, and for the wind to dry the pitch out a bit.

If there was to be an inspeciton, however, I would imagine it would be no later than 4:30pm. Any later than that would be taking the piss a bit, with regards to travelling away fans.

Yeah exactly what Desp said, I'm at Fir Park just now, the rain is completely off, the wind has died right down but there's still a wee breeze and it's quite mild out. I'm pretty sure the game will be on. Not had a chance to have a look at the pitch but the groundstaff here seem pretty competent these days so I'm sure they'll see that the game goes ahead

Do you think id be alright to park in the Taggarts car park next to the ground?

Never parked in there, I'll leave that to someone else to answer!

Motherwell FC@MotherwellFC 2m

This is the pitch at 10.30am. It's wet after 19mm of rain last night but drying after a break in the weather.

CXd72xRWcAIucFL.jpg

If the game was kicking off now, it would be game on. Need the weather to be kind in the pm. We'll keep everyone updated through the day.

Do you think id be alright to park in the Taggarts car park next to the ground?

I've usually parked in either Camp Street/Glencairn Street (near the Civic Centre) if we're in the Main Stand, or sometimes Dalzell Avenue if we're in the stand behind the goal. Never had any problems in either location.

This better be on now, just made plans to head through. Will finally see me hit 12/12 top flight stadiums too.

I managed that feat last month when I made it to Ross County. I celebrated the achievement with not one, but two, of the greatest Haggis pies ever seen in Scottish Football circles.

Unfortunately, you won't have the same experience. My recommendation would be to have a bite to eat before you arrive, and bypass the Fir Park pie stalls!

Archived