For The_Kincardine.

There was just one person in the Dumbarton end of the stadium that didn't observe the full minute's silence.

That person was a weel kent face who goes by the name of Rob McLean, the BBC commentator.

As the silence commenced, he was talking to someone, presumably at the Beeb, for about the first ten seconds.

So, as Wilf intimated, we played our part.

Radio Scotland actually had the minutes silence live on air which I must admit surprised me a bit

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't have problem with away support today . Those in our end behaved fine from my view . As said previously I'm aware of sons season ticket holders accompanied by rangers fans who behaved fine. I'm sure any sons fan who wanted a ticket in reasonable time got one. Maybe as game lacked any edge helped with any potential tension. Not sure when we'll see them again on league business .

Mr Flannery before u start having a go at the chairman I think u will find he gave the dumbarton support ample time to fill the east end of the ground. The fact they never forced his hand into firstly offering season ticket holders to buy as many as they want, then ultimately a public sale. So don't put the blame solely on his doorstep.

Wit :lol:

Where did I refer to the chairman or blame anyone? I'm happy to accept there will be Rangers fans in the home end. Do I like it? Not in the slightest.

Are chairmen allowed to have accounts on here?

I think it is a fair point to make though, the Hibs game was never going to be a title decider but winning in the manner we did undoubtedly installed a lot of confidence back in the team, the results of which could be seen today, that 'belief' was the main benefit of the Hibs victory, more important than the 3 points imo.

MT's just disagreeing with me as a conversation starter....

Great highlights as ever sonstv

Wasn't sure at the time but looked clear handball from highlights. Possibly handled it twice

Bad time to lose a goal especially when rangers hadn't really made Brown work too hard in first 45 minutes

Barr going off had a major effect and defence never looked up to preventing goals after that

Thought Cawley had a poor game. Looks totally lacking in confidence just now

Good to see taggart back though

Transfer window will be massive for us. Perhaps Barr picking up injury will stop anyone else signing him? Would like to keep him as him and Wright generally look pretty solid

I'd like to go against the grain here and say, couldn't you have lost the memory card with the highlights SonsTV :P No way I can put myself through that again.

You can see from the reverse angle the ball comes off Miller's chest..

:lol: The most blatant handball you are ever likely to see, what is it with teams in blue kits and veteran strikers?!

Still looks to me as if he uses left arm to knock ball forward

I disagree, but admittedly I'm not 100% sure.

And if it's still inconclusive after numerous views and from multiple angles you can understand why the linesman and ref haven't given the hand ball.

Still, it was 6-0 so to say it never had an effect on the outcome would be an understatement.

You can see from the reverse angle the ball comes off Miller's chest..

The initial touch is with the chest, but the replay shows very clearly that he then bats the ball down and away from the 'keeper with the lower part of his left arm, almost the hand itself in fact. I can see why the ref didn't give a free kick though - the handball is only really clear from behind the goal. It most certainly was one though.

I enjoyed the commentators suggesting Rangers might have had a penalty moments before, for a perfectly timed tackle that nobody had the slightest interest in appealing for. They truly are a pair of idiots.

And if it's still inconclusive after numerous views and from multiple angles you can understand why the linesman and ref haven't given the hand ball.

Still, it was 6-0 so to say it never had an effect on the outcome would be an understatement.

I'd imagine Rangers would have won comfortably anyway, but getting their noses in front before half time would certainly have been key in the Dumbarton collapse that later followed.

Surely though refs should only give the goal if they're 100% sure there was no foul.....I'm pretty sure at 0-0 if we'd "scored" the same goal, a foul would have been called

The timing of goals in games is always critical.....yes....we collapsed later, but the longer the tame goes on without you scoring, the greater the pressure

You are probably right, but we were playing for a 0-0 and the goal unfortunately scuppered our (slightly rubbish) game plan. Interestingly the commentary on the Youtube clip is different to that on Rangers TV at the time (assuming that the tweet I saw during the match was from that) where Jimmy Nicholl said something along the lines of "was that a handball?" I don't know if it's normal just to get Tom to talk over the YouTube stuff or maybe it's been altered to make it less controversial.

As an artiste, sometimes one must suffer for one's art.

:lol:

Nope, that was Barr going off injured. Something the Barr-haters won;t like to admit.

Very true. Taking Darren off had the effect of taking the most structurally integral jenga block out of a tower prior to sticking it infront of a very powerful desk fan.

My analogies are wonderful :lol:

Surely though refs should only give the goal if they're 100% sure there was no foul.....I'm pretty sure at 0-0 if we'd "scored" the same goal, a foul would have been called

If refs only let play go on if they were 100% sure that no foul had been committed, games would be more stoppage than play.

Not a handball as the video clearly shows it hitting Kenny's chest, looks like the ref got it right.

I'll assume you're at the wind up.

The angle from behind the goal establishes very clearly that Miller handles the ball after the initial control with the chest.

Archived