Comfortable Rangers win in all honesty, we simply don't have enough across the pitch to haveany serious expectations here, although I'd really love to be proved wrong.

As for the Halliday incident, he deserved red and duly got it. But isn't Stuart McCall an utter walloper of a TV summariser; at first 'it was a shoulder' but then 'it was his head from that angle' when it would just have been easier to say that for a reasonably experienced pro the guy has been very silly and will regret that later.

Instead he launches verbals at Fyvie, who unless I'm mistaken never actually hypnotised Halliday into directing his forehead towards him. Whatever Fyvie's reaction was it had nothing to do with the original offence.

But then I'm only an armchair dumpling who needs McCall & Co's coruscating insights.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comfortable Rangers win in all honesty, we simply don't have enough across the pitch to haveany serious expectations here, although I'd really love to be proved wrong.As for the Halliday incident, he deserved red and duly got it. But isn't Stuart McCall an utter walloper of a TV summariser; at first 'it was a shoulder' but then 'it was his head from that angle' when it would just have been easier to say that for a reasonably experienced pro the guy has been very silly and will regret that later.Instead he launches verbals at Fyvie, who unless I'm mistaken never actually hypnotised Halliday into directing his forehead towards him. Whatever Fyvie's reaction was it had nothing to do with the original offence.But then I'm only an armchair dumpling who needs McCall & Co's coruscating insights.

Halliday should never have kicked out, very stupid and I've seen reds given for that. Someone needs to have a word with him and tell him not to be so stupid in future.

Fyvie should be pulled up by the compliance officer, feigning an injury to get a player sent off isn't on.

The correct punishment would have been a red to Halliday and a booking to Fyvie for simulation.

There was physical contact... Just not where Fyvie implied.

Precedents have been set here, it'll be interesting to see how the compliance officer deals with Fyvies simulation. Looked to me like halliday was sent off for contact with Fyvies head and not his stupid kick.

I'd have no problem with both players being punished.

Fair enough :lol:

Clark is 5"8 while Jon is 6"3 so perhaps mini John would be more appropriate.

Think Daly will start against us? Might be a good opportunity for him to get some game time. Anyway I think Wright will be a match for him.

I'm going for a draw. 1-1 in a brutal scrappy tackles aplenty affair.

Precedents have been set here, it'll be interesting to see how the compliance officer deals with Fyvies simulation. Looked to me like halliday was sent off for contact with Fyvies head and not his stupid kick.

I'd have no problem with both players being punished.

For me, Halliday had to be sent off for his shouldering - there's no difference between a shoulder, punch or kick off the ball - straight red.

As for Fyvie - might be wrong, but I've never heard of a player being booked after the ref has left the stadium.

As for the Halliday incident, he deserved red and duly got it.

I don't think anyone can argue whether Halliday should or should not have been red carded when they don't know which particular incident the ref gave the red for.

Anyway's... 3-0 Rangers etc. :)

I don't think anyone can argue whether Halliday should or should not have been red carded when they don't know which particular incident the ref gave the red for.

Anyway's... 3-0 Rangers etc. :)

Skyline Drifter will probably know this, being the oracle of the SFA/SPFL rulebooks, but when will Halliday's appeal be held?

Should be simple enough. Ask Madden why he gave the red card, if he says the kick, the square go and a heabutt then it stays. If he says a headbutt then he gets off with it.

If that's how raging Halliday got when playing against Fyvie I can't wait to see what Fright will do to him. Drives grown men to tears you know.

Doubt he'll drop Waghorn tbh

Waghorns getting on a bit isn't he? Dont think he'll have the pace to get in behind Wright and Barr. Warburton would be daft not to utilise Dalys pace and give him a run out in what should be, on paper, a routine win for Rangers. If he starts Moshni then we stand a chance though.

Skyline Drifter will probably know this, being the oracle of the SFA/SPFL rulebooks, but when will Halliday's appeal be held?

Should be simple enough. Ask Madden why he gave the red card, if he says the kick, the square go and a heabutt then it stays. If he says a headbutt then he gets off with it.

If Rangers appeal the decision and are successful it would surely be before the Dumbarton match? But if Halliday is not available there's plenty of other players who could play in his position and do well.

I don't think he gave the red card for the slight kick out at Fyvie but I may be wrong. The way the ref runs over to the two players after the "headbutt" seemed like it altered his opinion of the situation. He didn't appear to be that bothered until the players squared up. If he had already made his mind up about Halliday you would have expected him to run over to him right away, but he doesn't. We'll only know for sure though when it's clarified as to why the red card was given.

Archived