Only an Excuse?

35 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Well it's that time of the year, where we all say how shite this program is and how it should have been put to bed years ago and then we all end up watching it anyway and say how pish it was and the cycle repeats!!!
I've not actually seen any ads for it yet, do you think they've finally taken it out the back and put it out of its misery or do they know that they don't have to advertise its presence as we will all hunt it out anyway???
Discuss!!!

Don't be worried it is on the schedule.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/schedules/p00fzl6v/2018/12/31

43 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

Are we taking bets on what the topics will be? Stevie G? Brexit? Rangers getting pumped out of Europe? Hearts/Killie “title challenge”? 

Bet Alex Ferguson is still in it. And McAvennie.

13 hours ago, IainMorton said:

Are we taking bets on what the topics will be? Stevie G? Brexit? Rangers getting pumped out of Europe? Hearts/Killie “title challenge”? 

None of that, just Frank McAvenie (I am 24 years old and until recently only knew roughly what he looks like based on the OAE character, must be at least about 15 years since he was even on TV) shouting “THE BIRDS, THE BIRDS!!”.

Who are the people who actually watch it? 

Haven't watched this pish in years (think perhaps 2012 was the last time). 

Furthermore, and more importantly, are there folk in an audience who laugh at it or is it a laugh track? If it's the former they need to be hunted down and their line erased from history.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Who are the people who actually watch it? 

The same people who still buy tabloids.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Furthermore, and more importantly, are there folk in an audience who laugh at it or is it a laugh track? If it's the former they need to be hunted down and their line erased from history.

My understanding is that all the recorded sketches are shown, in a TV studio, to an audience.  

The most popular (ie produce the most laughs) are left in for the show, and the less popular parts are left out.

There are some items recorded for OAE that are deemed not good enough for broadcast, just let the reality of that sink in.

3 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

My understanding is that all the recorded sketches are shown, in a TV studio, to an audience.  

The most popular (ie produce the most laughs) are left in for the show, and the less popular parts are left out.

There are some items recorded for OAE that are deemed not good enough for broadcast, just let the reality of that sink in.

Fucksake, what must the bad bits be like?

Saw an interview with him a month or two back when he was talking about City Lights - the banking comedy starring Gerard Kelly. I always thought he was shite in that because he was overacting as if his life depended on it. Apparently they were told to overact a bit but he admitted he might have overdone it.

On 20/12/2018 at 09:53, GordonD said:

Saw an interview with him a month or two back when he was talking about City Lights - the banking comedy starring Gerard Kelly. I always thought he was shite in that because he was overacting as if his life depended on it. Apparently they were told to overact a bit but he admitted he might have overdone it.

To be fair, they all overacted in that.

*nasal voice* "Mr Mclellan!"

On 19/12/2018 at 14:04, Boghead ranter said:

Related image