Royal Rumble 2016

DA Baracus

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 30 participants have now been announced for the rumble although I'm assuming guys like Mark Henry will be swapped out for surprise people. Always enjoy 2 or 3 legends or comebacks.

Where was this announced?

Dean Ambrose vs Kevin Owens in a Last Man Standing Match for IC Title.

(keeping things general due to spoiler) could be a really good match actually. Something different rather than just a straight match.

Going to the Square Go then planning to stay out for the Rumble in Box/Walkabout or something like that.

I've seen talk about people booking tables at Walkabout. Do you have to book to get in or is that just to ensure you get a good seat/table?

Going to the Square Go then planning to stay out for the Rumble in Box/Walkabout or something like that.

I've seen talk about people booking tables at Walkabout. Do you have to book to get in or is that just to ensure you get a good seat/table?

What RG said. Me and my mates (3 of us in total) are going to the Square Go and then to Walkabout. We've booked a table although they say you have to be there for 23.00 for it to be held and there's little chance of making it in time from the Barras after the Square Go finishes. They do say though that you can call them, so might just say we're held up and hopefully they'll keep it. We went there for the last 2 Manias (booked a table) and it's usually pretty good and a quality atmosphere (although one of our friends didn't get in to Walkabout so fucked off and watched it in Box; said it was alright).

What RG said. Me and my mates (3 of us in total) are going to the Square Go and then to Walkabout. We've booked a table although they say you have to be there for 23.00 for it to be held and there's little chance of making it in time from the Barras after the Square Go finishes. They do say though that you can call them, so might just say we're held up and hopefully they'll keep it. We went there for the last 2 Manias (booked a table) and it's usually pretty good and a quality atmosphere (although one of our friends didn't get in to Walkabout so fucked off and watched it in Box; said it was alright).

Cheers guys - I'll just leave it then.

I'd be happy to go to Box or Walkabout to be fair, was just thinking Walkabout more for the space and chance of seeing for a wee guy like me.

We watched it in the Box last year but they were streaming it instead of getting it on PPV, and the stream kept going down - at least for the first hour or so of the event.

I think Reigns will keep the title. Can't see why they would bury a guy for almost a year, then finally give him the title in Dec, only to strip him of it a month later. Makes no sense

Heroic reclaiming of the title at Mania after being screwed at the rumble and spending the next 2 months feuding with the person who wins it (most likely Brock) and the Authority (or what's left of it rather, poor mans Corporation)

January the 24th's second most anticipated battle royale will see the winner hoist aloft the WWE World Heavyweight Championship, the first time that the winner gets the title instead of a shot at it since Ric Flair won the 1992 Rumble (confession; I've never seen it).

The Rumble match promises then to be quality and will have at least 4 folk who can realistically win it. However, what shite will they flood the undercard with?

Seriously watch this.

He's ready. It's the WWE caution. And they have good reason to be cautious so I'd be stunned if they threw him back in. If he does return, then it was already planned. They're not going to throw him back in there.

I should really have done this all in one post but I'm starting to feel a bit "swervy" about the whole Bryan situation. Some of his tweets don't follow the normal employed WWE wrestler format, especially over the last week or so.

Either that or it is all genuine and he is trying to get released to go to NJPW or round the various independents.

forameus, on 07 Jan 2016 - 11:16, said:snapback.png

2) Have Reigns retain but have him turn heel to win the Rumble. Obviously that's quite a stretch because they'd have to turn their golden boy heel, and they'd have to find someone left on the roster that could sell the betrayal well enough. I can only think of Bryan who could realistically play the role of the guy that comes in, gets a massive pop, but then gets turned on and gets massive heat on Reigns.

What about if it was the Rock?

Appreciate Rock is a part-timer but you could have Rocky arrive at some stage in the Rumble and then either he and Reigns work together to eliminate people OR just avoid each other (maybe even have a couple of spots where they turn to hit each other then realise who it is, smile and turn away to someone else) only for Reigns to double cross him at the end. Not really sure how it would work.

I second that. The greatest rumble match ever. And I'm a man who loves his rumbles.

The commentary makes it. I for one love the middle spot when ******** arrives and just sits down.

******* to save it for DA.

I'm more interested by who will be in the Rumble than who wins it (unless there's a massive shock)

NXT guys? New Japan lot? Returning former stars? Brock? Taker?

If its for the title then every big name that is possibly fit enough they should have in there.

I would even have Flair in for the nostalgia factor of 1992.......but only if he gets chucked straight back out again. Maybe even have Lesnar or someone in on their own and then when the buzzer goes ......... "Woooooooo". Lesnar smiles and throws him out. Then bring Taker out next or something.

It should be a star heavy rumble. Rock, Taker, Reigns, Lesnar, Owens, Bryan (if possible), HHH. AJ Styles would be good too. The more big stars in the more chance of the fans sticking with it.

Do NOT NOT NOT have Dreamer or Sandman, Nash, DDP etc in it. I would also miss out Kofi just to get away from the predictable spot although with New Day they will have something planned of course.

Archived