Rangers vs Killie

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers fans absolutely rattled on here, which is tremendous.

Killie's defensive organisation was spot on today, but we worried them a fair bit on the break too. Obadeyi had Tavernier's number all day, but his final ball let him down - a more composed player there and we might well have won. Really impressed with both new signings - particularly Dicker who held things together nicely in midfield. Still expect us to lose the replay, but that performance gives me a bit of hope that we might stay up.

Rode our luck at times in the 2nd half, but much more organised overall, with Findlay and Balatoni (our best centre half pairing) looking solid.Smith is a better option at LB than McHattie, and good to see O'Hara and Slater together in CM, 2nd half. Did however get dragged into too many long balls to Josh,2nd half, when we were admittedly pushed back more. Fair play to Jig on his starting line up.

Still unbeaten in Glasgow this season...

Well if the zombies had any heart and remember what Johnston did for them after their untimely death they will pack the castle to the rafters, no need to send any down the A77 , as the game will end in a draw . Bring the £200k for the replay at the Carpetdome , we will provide the hordes with their usual over allocation of tickets ,where Lockinho will outwit the breadman with Boyd netting the winner.

Pleasing .............for our bank account

Days like these I'm glad I don't have satellite TV - good to see them landing themselves with a stinker.

Used mine to watch Mancs vs leicester. That was worth the subscription. Yep, the Sky and BT channels are rarely used for Scottish football.

Thoughts on the red folks? I thought it was a poor decision.

I thought it was a red.

If Tavernier has done that to Higgy I'd want him sent off - not that Bobby Madden would ever have dreamt of that but it was a dangerous challenge.

Not much to worry about from the championship newcomers . At least we now know that we can defend albeit at a lower level , and Jig is to be congratulated for that but please take a back seat from now on.

With a more tactically astute manager we could have won this today and we need to show more desire at RP . Little acorns and all that

Killie's defensive organisation was spot on today, but we worried them a fair bit on the break too. Obadeyi had Tavernier's number all day, but his final ball let him down - a more composed player there and we might well have won. Really impressed with both new signings - particularly Dicker who held things together nicely in midfield. Still expect us to lose the replay, but that performance gives me a bit of hope that we might stay up.

Would agree with this. Thought we were far better organised today than in recent times and restricted them a lot of the time to attempts from distance.

Felt we were lacking in getting enough support to Josh and too often we hit it high to him and had no one to win the 2nd ball.

Was expecting to get hammered before the game so was pleasantly surprised by the commitment shown.

Madden was his usual incompetent self handing out bookings unnecessarily, then deciding not to book one of them for diving - Waghorn?? From where we were you couldn't tell if it was a sending off - I would like to see that decision again.

Only down side is having to walk through the Orcs again for the replay

There was a good support up from Killie who really got behind the team - we need to do the same again on the 16th February

Another anti-football side in Killie.

Was our own fault for lacking in the final third, we should have hammered them.

We'll win the replay, killie have literally nothing going forward, the likea of Dumbarton, Morton etc are more of a threat.

^^^^

Raging.

Another anti-football side in Killie.

That's laughable - there was nothing anti-football about Killie today. We tried to go forward whenever we got the ball and maybe because we tried to keep it tight at the back didn't get enough support up to Magennis.

Rangers finishing was very poor today and I think it proved Waghorn is not as good as you all think he is. He will be found out next season, if he is still there.

That's laughable - there was nothing anti-football about Killie today. We tried to go forward whenever we got the ball and maybe because we tried to keep it tight at the back didn't get enough support up to Magennis.

Rangers finishing was very poor today and I think it proved Waghorn is not as good as you all think he is. He will be found out next season, if he is still there.

You kept 10 men behind the ball all game, then tried to hoof the ball up to the lone striker, which failed each time.

You kept 10 men behind the ball all game

That's called being organised ya clown - something we haven't done under Locke

Did you expect us to come and leave loads of space so your "class' players could exploit the space - silly us for not lying down to Rangers. Madden did everything he could to help you as well.

Wait until you have to play against good teams who can get lots of men behind the ball and then break out quickly, like Aberdeen. The difference with us is that we do not have particularly good forwards

Archived