Rangers vs Killie

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky Sports says Holt fit. Only a few options? Usual starting 10. Eleventh either Zelamen, Law, Sheils or Ball?

I like Law and Rangers poorest run was when Law was injured however I would not be against playing Ball as the sitting midfielder with Holt and Halliday on either side of him. Zelalem does keep the ball however few killer passes, not enough winning tackles and up to now not a goal threat. He may be a star in a few years. We maybe got him two years too early. I think there is a slight pressure on Warburton to give him match time. Should be an excellent test. Warburton really keeps a consistent team tho I still believe he is totally focussed on the league. Stubbs however imo has a more in depth squad and also I feel the cups are slightly distracting him. Especially a cup final and a derby cup match. He left out Cummings, Hanlon etc in a difficult away league match to rest for the Hearts cup match. Tbf Hibs won! Sorry slightly digressed just pointing out the difference between the two teams and their bosses .

Hopefully the 11th will be Ball. We were burnt against St Johnstone earlier in the season by being too cavalier, it will be interesting to see if Warburton has learnt anything from that.

I think he has and not just from that match. I'm not saying he didn't know before the Raith match however he has now seen Halliday in that advanced role. I would go with Ball and if it works if gives another option especially at Easter Road. If it doesn't well we don't want to try it at Easter Road. Who knows, Warburton is so attacking minded. I prefer that than defensive but yes you have to get the balance right giving respect to the opposition.

Really not confident about this. Bookies odds appear generous, but I just can't get last year's capitulation out of my head. Trying to focus on how we did on admin day, and the home game before that - but that was a different opponent, and the dynamic and expectations are completely different now.

Really not confident about this. Bookies odds appear generous, but I just can't get last year's capitulation out of my head. Trying to focus on how we did on admin day, and the home game before that - but that was a different opponent, and the dynamic and expectations are completely different now.

This must be worse for you today given our opponents, eh WRK? A double-whammy.

We're no playing ra selik the day mate

Good luck to all Killie fans braving that cesspit of bigotry.

You're trying too hard, Mikey!

Holt on the bench for us which is a touch disappointing:

Foderingham, Tavernier, Kiernan, Wilson, Wallace, Zelalem, Ball, Halliday, Waghorn, Miller, McKay

Archived