Motherwell v ICT - Scottish Cup 5th round

MikeyWellFan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Motherwell should pump them

We've got a chance of beating them but they have as much chance of beating us. It all depends on which side wants it more on the day and, more importantly, deploys the correct lineup. Another of McGhee's tactical brainstorms like we saw on Saturday then we'll be going no further in the cup.

Enjoy the seaside leagues mate, it's been fun!

You support two Scottish teams,one of which are worse than a team we shagged 6-0 with sean dickson and a player who couldn't make our bench most weeks scoring one goal each and then craig fucking beattie scored twice and setting up a goal in 20 minutes so you're not entitled to slag of any team!

You support two Scottish teams,one of which are worse than a team we shagged 6-0 with sean dickson and a player who couldn't make our bench most weeks scoring one goal each and then craig fucking beattie scored twice and setting up a goal in 20 minutes so you're not entitled to slag of any team!

You're probably too young to get served in a pub then if your idea of shagging is 2 football teams :lol: .

The last time ICT lost to the Shire you probably weren't born but your all stars threw it away only the other week.

Whitehill took you all the way two years ago. With the breaks could have won the first game or the replay. Created more genuine chances than you did against ICT, i.e. more than zero.

Also beat the Colts this season away so not sure what you're on about, Whitehill have got a fixture back up and 4 games in hand. The same Colts who beat Auchinleck who also took you all the way about 3 years ago so they must have frozen on the night.

Face the facts, Whitehill are a lot closer to you than you are to ICT.

Your wee mate started it, no need for saying Motherwell should pump us. Anyway enjoy the smokies and the bridies.

Aye fair enough Jake, I thought it was a replay, only 2-1 though. You're no arguing about the other 90% though :lol::lol::lol:

I'll give you Whitehill took us all the way and your probably right we're closer in quality to Whitehill than Inverness but Whitehill are still some distance from us

I'll give you Whitehill took us all the way and your probably right we're closer in quality to Whitehill than Inverness but Whitehill are still some distance from us

I was meaning Stranraer, Talbot took them to a replay maybe the year before.

ICT are much weaker than last year, lost Shinnie and Watkins, massive blows, and injury list a mile long. Gary Warren just back from a leg break, Meekings out, Doran out long term, great player. Still might make top six you never know.

P.s. To Sam I never slagged off the Binos. Met Stewart Brown and old man MacKenzie when they played WW, decent guys. Also WW manager last 3 years was Mickey Lawson, a Binos legend.

I still have nightmares about Barry Wilson lobbing Gordon Marshall from about 40 yards the last time we played Inverness at Fir Park in the cup.

Tricky tie but one we're capable of winning, though I'm sure Inverness are thinking the exact same thing.

What a tremendous goal that was, Barry Wilson got the ball on the tight wing noticed the Keeper off his line and smashed the ball into the net from about 40 yards, brilliant strike and even better knowing Delboy Derek Adams was in the Motherwell team that day. Think that was the last time we got the stand behind the goals which is a pity.

What a tremendous goal that was, Barry Wilson got the ball on the tight wing noticed the Keeper off his line and smashed the ball into the net from about 40 yards, brilliant strike and even better knowing Delboy Derek Adams was in the Motherwell team that day. Think that was the last time we got the stand behind the goals which is a pity.

Nah we've had it plenty times which is an even bigger pity :lol:

Only lost once to ICT at FP?

I'm sure we've lost twice at fir park to ICT in the Scottish Cup. One was a quarter final mentioned in the previous page. I can't seem to find any info on the other game but I'm convinced we lost 2-0 possibly when Butcher was manager. It was one on my first Scottish cup games

I'm sure we've lost twice at fir park to ICT in the Scottish Cup. One was a quarter final mentioned in the previous page. I can't seem to find any info on the other game but I'm convinced we lost 2-0 possibly when Butcher was manager. It was one on my first Scottish cup games

You lost 2-0 up at ours in 2010. If you mean when Butcher was at Well, you lost a league match in dec 2005 2-0.

:lol: Is that one of those goals which gets a yard further out in each passing year?

I believe you'll be in the South Stand (behind the goals) again on Saturday.

Obviously with the postponement of the Hearts game, Inverness will have had a good bit of rest before the game, whereas we will have had two away games (Dundee on Saturday, Partick tomrrow). I wonder if fitness will become an issue at any point.

Hopefully not, though, and a brief glimpse at our Scottish Cup record in the last 25 years shows we have a decent record when up against the holders. It has the potential to be a cracker on Saturday.

Archived