Alloa v Morton - 16/01/16

Wilkinson having a full blown breakdown here :lol:

The game was rightly stopped as the pitch wasn't playable, the game will be replayed again. Get over it.

"But but but Annan played the full 90 minutes and our chairman said it was ok to play"

:lol: :lol:

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just going by what a club official told us after the match, him and Mike done the test and that was his reasoning he said.

Whether the ball can travel in the conditions is only one factor. If you can't see the markings on the pitch it doesn't matter how well the ball's travelling, it prevents the officials from making the correct decisions.

Five minutes into the second half we had a shot cleared off the line, this was before the markings were covered and you could clearly see it wasn't in. Fifteen minutes later it was impossible to see either goal-line as they were completely covered and had there been a similar incident, the linesman and referee would have just had to guess. Same if there had been a player fouled just inside or just outside the box, same if a ball was just in/out for a corner, goal-kick or throw-in, same if a player was making a run beyond the last defender but was just in/out the opposition's half. There is no way that game could have been completed.

The foxy auld blonde lassie that serves the burgers up from the wee hut in the home end gives me the horn.

Are you of a similar age, Paul, or is this a Mrs Robinson-style situation? Either way, get a Valentines card sent off and no doubt Joyce will appreciate it (before adding it to the pile).

I'm sure our teenage programme lassie has inspired a few sleepless nights from desperate middle-aged men :shutup

Most relegated teams have a decent spell at some point. The year we went down, we had a five match unbeaten spell around January/early February albeit that comprised a win and four draws. It remains to be seen whether Alloa are having their new manager bounce or whether they can pull off the great escape. Morton definitely dodged a bullet yesterday though as Alloa were the better team and looked well odds on the see the game out at least.

The correct decision was was made by the ref though. The lines were fading almost immediately they were cleared plus you could see both sets of players start to struggle with their footing. There was a very good risk of someone getting hurt in those conditions.

I don't think we will be as bad next time we play but who knows.

Printer, did you delete that post because you realised I wasn't specifically referencing you? :lol:

:lol: No, I couldn't get the right 'smiley' to show using my phone. I wanted 'shocked face' but it showed 'smiling face', and I was a bit uncomfortable about that. :ph34r:

I didn't say anyone lied to you, just that it was shite. There is NOTHING in the laws of the game that even touches on what they are claiming.

Are you seriously claiming that Mike Mulraney and Robert Wilson (Robert fucking Wilson :lol:) know more about the laws of the game than an experienced referee?

I'm not saying that at all, I was just mentioning the fact they did this obviously meant something.

Wilkinson having a full blown breakdown here :lol:

The game was rightly stopped as the pitch wasn't playable, the game will be replayed again. Get over it.

"But but but Annan played the full 90 minutes and our chairman said it was ok to play"

:lol: :lol:

No breakdown from me, infact in my initial post I said the referee probably could have left it five ten minutes too see how the pitch went but in the end I believed it would be called off. I said at half time we would be lucky to see the 90 I just feel the call was a bit premature.

Guest The Phoenix

Are you seriously claiming that Robert Wilson (Robert fucking Wilson :lol:) knows more about the laws of the game than an experienced referee?

I suspect that strikes a chord with everyone.

Fair point by Number One though regarding the comparative conditions at Galabank. Pity the Annan Chairman didn't have ten-pin bowling ramp in the boot of his car.

Archived