Ayr Utd v Cowdenbeath

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weather now down to -2 overnight. Can't really remember how cold it needs to be for a game at Somerset to be off but I'm sure that will probably do it.....

Just take a leaf out of our book and call it off now. Give yourselves a chance to get a few players back from injury etc.

Have Ayr sorted out the problem area of pitch under the main stand that have caused postponements in the past when it is frosty?

Short of removing the main stand or installing undersoil heating, it's pretty much unfixable, just got to try and deal with it when it happens

Although if some people on this forum are to be believed, those frost covers magically remove frost when you install them

Short of removing the main stand or installing undersoil heating, it's pretty much unfixable, just got to try and deal with it when it happens

Although if some people on this forum are to be believed, those frost covers magically remove frost when you install them

Correct. You would think it was the English Premiership the way some folk talk on here.

One of the premier teams had one about 10 years ago, I think it resembled a bouncy castle, it channeled hot air along big plastic pipes from big heating fans.

It made too much noise and locals complained, for some reason Kilmarnock spring to mind but I'm not sure it was

One of the premier teams had one about 10 years ago, I think it resembled a bouncy castle, it channeled hot air along big plastic pipes from big heating fans.

It made too much noise and locals complained, for some reason Kilmarnock spring to mind but I'm not sure it was

I'm sure we borrowed one from St Johnstone a few years back to get our cup game on.

We hired in space heaters to blow hot air under the frost covers. Couldn't get enough height on the covers for it to be effective. Was inspired by when they bring the covers out at Wimbledon and raise it in the middle :)

We also parked the kit motor on the 6 yard box

Archived