Tennis: Australian Open 2016

John Lambies Doos

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a day for Scottish tennis. :)

Congratulations to Jamie Murray & Gordon Reid and let's hope Andy can make it a treble.

Only shame was that Gordon Reid could not win his doubles as he was 5-0 in the final set before losing it 7-5.

Also great to see Angelique Kerber winning her first GS title.

Why do players in doubles do the fist bumping/hand touching stuff after almost every point.

Incredibly irritating to watch.

My understanding of this is they do it to increase confidence or for some kind of psychological boost. also happens in sports like Volleyball where win or lose all 6 players go in and high five each other or huddle together briefly.

I think it looks a bit weird too however since everyone is doing it, I presume there must be some evidence that it benefits the overall performance.

My understanding of this is they do it to increase confidence or for some kind of psychological boost. also happens in sports like Volleyball where win or lose all 6 players go in and high five each other or huddle together briefly.

I think it looks a bit weird too however since everyone is doing it, I presume there must be some evidence that it benefits the overall performance.

i`d imagine it would be difficult to produce soild evidence. Maybe some successful pair did it and it became the done thing. Who knows though?

Either way hugely fecking irritating.

i`d imagine it would be difficult to produce soild evidence. Maybe some successful pair did it and it became the done thing. Who knows though?

Either way hugely fecking irritating.

If every doubles team does it, then 50% win and 50% lose, so I'd agree it would be very hard to prove it benefits anyone.

certainly agree it would be hard to prove any clear benefit, It's not something I have seen with anyone who plays recreationally so presumably it has been coached into them.

Anyway, no more doubles for now. Not working on a Sunday during a Murray final for the first time in a while, so really looking forward to tomorrow morning

Archived