Livingston vs Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses

He could have had two assists if he passed rather than going for glory before that. I'd rather the LB inclination when in behind was to set up forwards rather than try and be the super star and grab the headlines, especially in a game where were needing to do the basics right and we'd have got 3 points. More so when said LB is presumably trying to attract offers from other clubs.

He wasn't alone, the number of times we went for World Cup stuff rather than basics was frustrating.

Anyway onto Dens. I'd get Alston back in for mcgrandles and go with Ohara and Baird to start.

McGrandles can't play

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missed several chances and too many players were off the boil.

Vaulks and McGrandles were both poor in the middle and Baird ran about whilst doing nothing in particular. Played offside constantly too.

I'm more annoyed we reverted to Livi's long ball nonsense rather than trying to break them down as we normally would.

Unless he was knackered/injured I'm puzzled why Miller went off before Baird. Less said about O'Hara's miss the better.

Onto Dundee on Tuesday but play like that and we will get thumped. I'd wager some of our big game players will turn up though in Sibbald & Vaulks.

Mcgrandles is a signing we simply didnt need. We're crying out for another player who can open up defences with a bit of skill and pace especially in the wide positions. Mcgrandles though is far too similar to what we already have in spades. We needed two types of player before the window opened and we still need them.

Mcgrandles is a signing we simply didnt need. We're crying out for another player who can open up defences with a bit of skill and pace especially in the wide positions. Mcgrandles though is far too similar to what we already have in spades. We needed two types of player before the window opened and we still need them.

McGrandles is a quality addition to the squad. Just not in the position he was played today

McGrandles is a quality addition to the squad. Just not in the position he was played today

He is, but should he be taking the place of Vaulks or Kerr to contribute ?

Four central midfielder's today and it showed

The surface was poor today, not a game changer but Sibbs struggled with it big style today as did a few others

Hes a quality addition aslong as you also strengthen the areas that are a priority as centre mid isnt. We're crying out for a proper rb and a creative pacy player as i mentioned earlier. Those positions should be the priority and not signing another central midfielder.

Hes a quality addition aslong as you also strengthen the areas that are a priority as centre mid isnt. We're crying out for a proper rb and a creative pacy player as i mentioned earlier. Those positions should be the priority and not signing another central midfielder.

Still felt Muirhead done well today at right back although you're right, he shouldn't be played there.

We should probably have won the game with the chances we had. Should have had a penalty (looked an absolute stone-waller) in the first half too - one of a number of bizarre decisions by the Ref. Really disappointed with the goal we lost but Livi battled away well and took their chance when it came.

I don't think we played well with too many high balls, and not enough pace up front away from home in Baird and Miller. Our delivery from set pieces was dire and Sibbald and McGrandles both struggled today - neither are wide players.

Overall, pleased to keep the unbeaten run going but unless we win at Ibrox next week I can't see us finishing any higher than 3rd

Decent turnout of 709 away fans

12523118_1150709964939115_34150722383630

Wee Danny had a good game, up front himself for most of the game and did a great job. White looked like he was playing in midfield in a defensive role, and Buchanan kept dropping deep helping out in midfield too, both got up whenever they could to help Mullen but Buchanan seemed slightly more advanced than White. Was an interesting formation but worked well enough to get us the point.

Thought the new boy in defence played well too, looks a decent formation now with him on the right and Longridge on the left, he has a long throw in too, think it was him that took the throw in that got into the 6 yard box for Buchanan's goal.

Everyone worked their socks off, and got a well deserved point. We had to ride our luck at times, Falkirk missed a few sitters, Stanton's header back into our box setting them up, and an open goal blasted over the bar, cracking save by McCallum to keep them out too.

Only player I was disappointed with was Hippo, had a decent effort which their keeper just managed to hold onto as Buchanan was waiting to pounce if he spilled it, but was lazy and looked uninterested unless the ball was hit up to him. Not doing himself any favours to get himself a start.

Great point for us anyway, felt like a win as we were really under the cosh up to the final whistle and managed to hold out, makes a change things going for us when the other team had most of the chances.

I thought Danny done the best he could but struggled up top on his own tbh, it's just not his game and he would've been better to play the role that Buchanan or White done and stuck either of them up front on there own. Just don't think he worked hard enough, where as the other two worked there socks off for 90 minutes.

I agree about the new lad, he had a decent game and looked comfortable, although the formation worked I'd much rather see us going with two up front but can definetly see the reasoning behind the formation we played today.

I've been one of Hippo's biggest critics the last few months but I actually thought he came on and done well, I genuinely thought his attitude was a lot better today than what it has been for months now, he was asked to play infront of Halkett when he came on but it just wasn't working, but when he went upfront (his natural position IMO) he looked good and created one or two chances and I felt held the ball up much better than Mullen had.

Was a big point, hopefully give us confident heading into a season defining game next Saturday.

Watch Buchanan up front, he chases everything down, puts pressure on players to get rid of the ball and never stops doing that all game, Hippo was barely on the pitch so should've been full of energy but just jogged along towards a Falkirk player and wasn't interested in putting pressure on them. Yeah when he got the ball played towards him he put an effort in but he really needs to work harder off the ball when we haven't got possession.

For me Mullen did well enough in the role he was given, White struggles alone up front, even Buchanan needs help, but playing Buchanan in behind Mullen allowed him to bomb up past players to get in behind them and support Mullen, I've been bursting to see him play in that position when Sheerin comes on and White is up front too, instead Buchanan keeps getting taken off.

Agree we're best having 2 up front and hope we do so against Dumbarton next week, but yeah, can see why we went with a more defensive formation against a team that has beaten us twice already this season. We set up to get something out of the game and we did so no complaints about that.

Archived