RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yous realise the rest of this career will be utterly dull now, dont you?

Also just realised im in the Europa League this season, and start off against Genk in the qualifiers.

Only way to get Jordan McGhee to sign a new contract was to insert a £2.8m release clause in it. Imagine I'll likely lose him this season.

Europa League Qualifiers

Untitled_zpsrp86acsc.png

Bit frustrated as it was a winnable tie, but we've a few new players settling in and our squads not really deep enough for a European run yet.

Bit of an odd post this, but I'm after some advice. Looking for a third choice striker to help support May and Juanma. Ideally they'd also be able to play on a wing, although both Juanma and May can do that. Its now down to these two, which should I go for? Slightly edging towards Sharp personally, but Stokes would be cheaper (I can afford both though, according to my reports)

Anthony%20Stokes_%20Overview%20Profile_z

Billy%20Sharp_%20Overview%20Profile_zps2

Thought about maybe a loan signing? Haven't got this years edition but in last Ryan Donnelly was your boy.

Nah never really had great luck with loanees tbh, especially ones who'll have very limited game time

Nah never really had great luck with loanees tbh, especially ones who'll have very limited game time

Go for Kalechi Iheanacho. He's pretty good in my game, either him or Mark McNulty.

Go for Kalechi Iheanacho. He's pretty good in my game, either him or Mark McNulty.

Iheanacho wouldnt join with a back up squad role. McNulty joined elsewhere this Summer

Seager from Southampton?

Fosu at Reading?

As I said, I was just looking for a cheap player to play third fiddle, both these guys would be more expensive than Sharp, whos also got the mentals to make a good tutor.

January Transfer Window

Untitled_zps10xjxrtn.png

Ross County once again the biggest spenders in the league, biggest transfers for them were Liam Cooper from Leeds and Chris Martin from Derby, and their wage bill is now £14m per year, for reference mines is £3.9m...

Untitled_zpskrioi3xo.png

Big departures were Buaben and Sow, both were unhappy about game time so both were moved on. Fans were unhappy with the loss of Sow but they'll soon forget about it. Oshaniwa and Hodson never really performed under me and better options were available. Scobbie was sold, again, as hes shite, while Taylor left after only six months as he was on £4k a week and I managed to sign two players who'd contribute more for that.

Coming in we brought Naismith in to provide cover for Paterson and in the middle. Aguza was brought in to replace Buaben as a back up CM/CAM player, although he'll probably feature more, while Taylor-Sinclair was signed to fight it out McGivern for the LB role. Allen is in to replace Gomis in the starting eleven, as hes a tremendous player. Gunns back up to Hamilton as Alexander is due to retire. Teixeira was released by Liverpool alongside Jones, and both are in to provide back up/competition, Teixeira can play all across the AM position while Jones is a centre half. You already know about Sharp.

Instead of posting thousands of screenshots I'll only highlight the one signing, so I'll show you Allen seeing as hes a cast iron starter..

Untitled_zpsvrgfmoe3.png

His workrate was a huge selling point. Should improve into a very solid player.

Heres how my squad now looks...

Untitled_zpsdojyks1p.png

Pretty well stacked considering I play 4-2-3-1.

Usual starting 11 will be...

Hamilton

Paterson - McGhee - Ozturk - Taylor-Sinclair

Sloth - Allen

King - Lawrence - Nicholson

May

August

Untitled_zps25yr4ypo.png

Continuing where we left off, with some seriously good form. Mays been on fire already aswell, and could really step up a level this season. When we strike up we really are unstoppable going forward. Also I remember going to a Newcastle v Bolton game when both sides were heavily influenced by Sam Allardyce, and it was the most turgid 0-0 ever. Its nice to see whenever I play my former side we're guaranteed an absolute goals fest :lol:

Untitled_zpspvm9npmi.png

Target this season is to finish in the top half, so its a positive start. Funniest bit is Countys absolute riches being so ridiculously shite :lol: Shame to see Saints down there again though

News I forgot to mention

A few players signed contract extensions...

Jack Hamilton until 2019

Callum Paterson until 2021

Jordan McGhee until 2021 (£2.8m release clause)

Alim Ozturk until 2021

Casper Sloth until 2020 (£1.5m release clause)

Juanma until 2020

Sam Nicholson also earned his first cap for Scotland at the end of August

I was suprised to see that ally Roy is still at hearts tbh.

Imagine this'll be his last year as hes not really progressing

September

Untitled_zpsyelygprx.png

Billy King really stepped up this month, especially as May picked up an injury that ruled him out for three weeks. County loss was my fault as I decided to rotate so the likes of Jones, Aguza, Gomis, Teixeira and Juanma could get game time, and we lost some fluency due to that. Celtic were just too good with Lavezzi and James Wilson running riot.

Untitled_zpsudkn2flt.png

League titles mine tbh.

Archived