RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

Just agreed a HUGE signing for the club. In a classic RandomGuy FM moment though, he won't be fit until March :lol:

Scrap that, as the board decided to refuse to allow it due to the injury.

It was Craig Gordon FWIW

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

January Window

Outgoings

Untitled_zpsavrtdcmn.png

Tucudean was some horrendous forward who was going out of contract anyway. Amazed I got anything for him. While Buchanans a young winger sent out for experience.

Incomings

Untitled_zpsadqxl92i.png

Untitled_zpsh3dyeni8.png

Taylor was a deal already agreed before I came in. Not a player I'd have signed, but looks like he'll be a useful squad player all the same.

Untitled_zpsycvummpu.png

I consider this an absolute bargain tbh. I also feel like my horrendous strikers at St Johnstone will lead me to sign far too many strikers at every club that follows, and this is the beginning of that, as he'll be fighting it out with Sow and Juanma over the one striking spot.

January

Untitled_zpskjmukeeg.png

Disappointing loss to Hibs led to a slight tactical tweak, and we've improved since. Aberdeen away is my bogey game, and Niall McGinn is my bogey player, he's got six in five against me now.

Untitled_zps8mrol0yl.png

Remain bottom, but we're looking better as we go. Hoping May can help fire in the goals that'll turn the tight games into victories for us. Need a run of victories badly though.

January

Untitled_zpskjmukeeg.png

Disappointing loss to Hibs led to a slight tactical tweak, and we've improved since. Aberdeen away is my bogey game, and Niall McGinn is my bogey player, he's got six in five against me now.

Untitled_zps8mrol0yl.png

Remain bottom, but we're looking better as we go. Hoping May can help fire in the goals that'll turn the tight games into victories for us. Need a run of victories badly though.

Win against St Johnstone and you're off the bottom. Must create mixed feelings, relegating your old team and the one you support :lol:

Win against St Johnstone and you're off the bottom. Must create mixed feelings, relegating your old team and the one you support :lol:

I'm hoping we drag Hibs into 12th and Dundee to 11th :lol:

February

Untitled_zpsn2mmmzt3.png

Unbeaten, but we need to be turning these draws into wins as we've simply not got the time left to get out of trouble one point at a time.

Untitled_zpsh08ptvza.png

We're edging closer and closer to safety, but are running out of games. Need a massive March.

March/Final pre-split fixtures

Untitled_zpshsnl7kyw.png

We're now in a Scottish Cup Semi-Final somehow, bizarre who things works out. We play Hibernian while Celtic play St Johnstone. All set up for a Hearts v St Johnstone Final.

Anyway this was a tougher month in league terms, both United and Rangers are title challengers and just had too much for me. The biggest game was Hibs, where I simply couldn't afford to not win, thankfully McGivern decided he hated the Hibees and smashed one in... Partick result was again frustrating, as all 0-0s are, but its a good result in context as they'd been smashing sides.

Untitled_zpso9igk76f.png

Within touching distance of safety, which is all I'd wanted going into the split. Hoping that I can beat both Hibs and Sants in our head to heads, and then try and at least win and draw against two others. As that should see me safe. It really might depend on how the other teams fare though.

FWIW Since I took charge this is how many points each team in the relegation battle has picked up...

Dundee: 16

Hibernian: 16

St Johnstone: 16

:lol: I never actually realise this until now. Bizarre.

Hearts: 17

So we all seem much of a muchness. I've had too many draws though.

I'll be doing individual posts for each match until the end of the season, so you can see me get relegated game by game.

Matchday 34

Untitled_zpsj1lsfn31.png

We get a very decent win, but so did St Johnstone. Next up for me is Partick away so hopefully we have a similar performance.

Untitled_zpsgv8jmxfb.png

Remain bottom but only three points of 9th. Still arse-clenchingly close.

Matchday 35

Untitled_zpsm7dh3hda.png

We win again, but so do St Johnstone. Recent form suggest that we both might escape our previously cast iron fates.

Untitled_zpswsofpxth.png

I'm off the bottom!!

And my next game is Hibernian. Massive, massive game.

Matchday 36

Untitled_zpsvtsmwaff.png

Massive victory against our bitches, again we're unfortunate that our rivals manage to pick up points elsewhere though. So annoying.

Untitled_zpsawwh94fh.png

Now clear of 12th, and even out of the Play-Off spot. Biggest problem now is that we face the best side in this half (Ross County), before facing off against St Johnstone, who seem like they can pump anyone at the moment.

Play-Off would be a nightmare, pretty sure the games would run close to the Scottish Cup Final? Not sure on that though, hopefully won't find out.

Games next week are...

Dundee v St Johnstone

Hibernian v Partick Thistle

Ross County v Hearts

We win or draw and Hibs lose then we can't finish 12th. If we win and St Johnstone lose then we're safe from relegation.

Who are you likely to get in the playoffs if you finish 11th?

Sorry but I've literally just turned the game off as I've to go away out :lol: I'll check when i get home and let you know

Matchday 37

Untitled_zps1c4keo8k.png

Untitled_zpsnrhcefoi.png

Soak it all in.

I play St Johnstone on the final day, Dundee play Hibernian.

As I say I'm away out, so it might not even be tonight this season gets finished. Honestly didnt mean to end on a cliffhanger..

Archived