RandomAttempt at managing Hearts (FM16)

RandomGuy.

October

Untitled_zpseptwqftk.png

Bleh. Ended up down to ten men against Aberdeen and just capitulated, while Motherwell have the best striker in the league in Theo Robinson so are always a dodgy side to face. Win over Rangers was pleasing and so was May scoring in both games back from his injury.

Untitled_zpshzuvqaor.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November

Untitled_zpswaxf80wy.png

So frustrating. Beat County and look like we could go on a run, then hit the International break and lose McGivern, Lawrence, Teixeira and Juanma to injuries. Taylor-Sinclair was just returned from injury and Paterson was knackered after playing for Scotland. So we headed into the Hamilton game with a totally patchwork side. And it showed. Slightly better for the Saints game but we were 2-0 down by half time. Dragged it back to 2-2 before Brad McKay scored a last minute winner :lol: Was obviously always happening.

Untitled_zpsso0nfrdn.png

Still 3rd. Reckon we'll slowly drop away from Aberdeen and Celtic who both seem a level above me, and end up slogging it out for a top half place. Still an improvement on last season though.

Who is in charge of Ross County? Incredible amount of money spunked on players yet they're 3rd bottom.

They literally just sacked Jim McIntyre, then replaced him with Stephen Craigan :lol:

October

Untitled_zpseptwqftk.png

Bleh. Ended up down to ten men against Aberdeen and just capitulated, while Motherwell have the best striker in the league in Theo Robinson so are always a dodgy side to face. Win over Rangers was pleasing and so was May scoring in both games back from his injury.

Untitled_zpshzuvqaor.png

:lol: I'm intrigued by this, do you happen to have a screenshot of Theo?

:lol: I'm intrigued by this, do you happen to have a screenshot of Theo?

Theo%20Robinson_%20History%20Career%20St

Even this season when hes having a "poor" season, hes got 10 goals in 18 games. Last season he hit 26 goals in all competitions.

Boys an animal.

December

Untitled_zpsx1g1spqn.png

Decembers always a tough month, so if you win more than you lose you have to be happy. Highlight has been McKirdys stepping up to the plate, to such a point where I'm going to let Pallardo go in January. Low point was the realisation my squad is shallower than I though, a couple of injuries to certain players and I'm knackered.

Untitled_zpss53ddjmj.png

Sitting closer to 1st than 7th. But need to maintain that.

January Transfer Window

Most of the window was speculation about my job, which turned into nothing. I was also more interested in PCAs than any actual signings. No point going hugely into depth with things as nothing much happened really. Only major departure was Miguel Pallardo to some Spanish side for £33k. He'd dropped to sixth choice and wanted more game time so I let him go, a youth went out on loan too.

Coming in I agreed a PCA with one player, and then got the option to sign him early for a fee of £60k. So in he came...

Untitled_zps7qbce8rn.png

Welcome to Hearts, Jonny Hayes. Adds experience and gives me depth on both flanks. Pretty happy with this.

In terms of the rest of the league County once again spunked a fortune, Greg Stewart and Craig Conway their two big signings this time..

Untitled_zps7pa1ewfu.png

January

Untitled_zpslxm3gxtg.png

Some team, it breaks my heart that there'll come a point its broken up. Oddly we seem to have improved defensively when Ozturks been injured and Jones has been playing. Gives me a headache.

Untitled_zpsn4b5zeji.png

Time to win this fucking thing.

Raith are hilariously dreadful btw. For those intrigued by how Hibs have reacted to another relegation, they sit 6th in the Championship. Dundee are about 20 points clear at the top.

Turns out I actually play Dundee in the Cup in my next game, show how much attention I pay. They also seem to be managed by Billy Dodds...

Hayes is a good signing. I found his ridiculous versatility great more than anything. Basically only centreback he can't play.

He hes a tremendous player to have on the bench. Was a choice between him and Dow but Hayes versatility won the day.

Thinking about another two or three signings on a PCA as I've a £2k wage budget left. Not really sure where to strengthen though. This is my squad broken down by position, play 4-2-3-1.

GK: Hamilton, Gunn, Alexander

RB: Paterson, Naismith

CB: Ozturk, McGhee, Jones

LB: Taylor-Sinclair, McGivern

CM: Allen, Sloth, Aguza, Gomis, McKirdy

RW: King

CAM: Lawrence, Teixeira

LW: Nicholson, Hayes

ST: May, Juanma, Sharp

Obviously players like Paterson, Naismith, McGivern, Sloth, Lawrence and Hayes are all capable of playing other positions. Thinking a centre half, someone who can play on either wing and possibly another striker as Sharps been fairly poor.

Ive two outstandingly promising wingers, one RW and one LW, out on loan at the moment who ideally I'd be involving next season though.

February

Untitled_zps3tl1sgvt.png

Poor month. Went down to ten against United early and really struggled. Then created nothing against Inverness. Maybe a wee rotation of players will help the malaise.

Untitled_zps6bwneent.png

Still in a title race, although top three is probably a more realistic target.

Got two four (potentially five) star potential players in my most recent intake. They join two from the year before.

Their positions? A CM, a RW, a CAM, and a LW.

Getting quite giddy at the thought of getting a whole team one day.

January

Untitled_zpslxm3gxtg.png

Some team, it breaks my heart that there'll come a point its broken up. Oddly we seem to have improved defensively when Ozturks been injured and Jones has been playing. Gives me a headache.

Untitled_zpsn4b5zeji.png

Time to win this fucking thing.

Raith are hilariously dreadful btw. For those intrigued by how Hibs have reacted to another relegation, they sit 6th in the Championship. Dundee are about 20 points clear at the top.

Turns out I actually play Dundee in the Cup in my next game, show how much attention I pay. They also seem to be managed by Billy Dodds...

I'm pretty sure Hibs were utterly dreadful in last years thread as well, seem to remember them spending about 20 years in league 1 :lol:

I'm sure you're at it.

I'm pretty sure Hibs were utterly dreadful in last years thread as well, seem to remember them spending about 20 years in league 1 :lol:

I'm sure you're at it.

Yeah you lot were pretty horrible, although not the worst as Dundee spent years in League Two being managed by Leigh Griffiths :lol:

March

Untitled_zpsere1tqap.png

A better month, always nice to shaft it up those Perth b*****ds who sacked me. Also nice to shove it up Celtic despite going down to ten men. Only downside was the loss to Raith, brought upon us by my infinite wisdom and decision to rest players for the Celtic match, in hindsight six changes was a bit much. I've decided to sell Aguza after one season though, as he was dreadful in that match and hes the scapegoat I used to deflect criticism from me.

Untitled_zps5oyxtmte.png

Still in the title race. Again I'll switch to game updates instead of monthly ones similar to last years relegation battle.

For those who are interested Dundee are getting promoted, while cheating Hibs look like cheating their way to the Play-Offs where they'll likely dive their way to promotion :P

They join Annan as one of my most hated FM teams, both below the demons of Empoli.

Archived