East Kilbride v Celtic - SC R5 - Sunday 6th Feb - BBC 1

HomelandsOur

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EK don't seem to be overly happy that the SFA have announced this will be at New Douglas Park, they've not yet made any mention of the game being played there and seem to be canvassing interest right now to gauge what sort of venue to play it in. Hope this doesn't get too messy between the club and the association, presumably there would have been preliminary discussions with EK and LTHV before the tie was played and they must have given some indication that Hamilton was acceptable..

It was shitty of the SFA to not inform EK before announcing the venue publicly, but by the rules it has to be NDP. It's the closest suitable ground.

If we had the same rule as England where you can basically go straight to a "replay" by swapping venues then playing to a finish, I wonder if EK would have been tempted.

Well they lost Robbie Winters to Pollok so presumably they pay less than at least one junior club

Winters left by mutual consent because he wasn't getting very much playing time at EK. He pretty much said if he was going to continue his playing career then he wanted to be playing instead of sitting on the sidelines so they let him leave because they couldn't promise him game time.

Winters left by mutual consent because he wasn't getting very much playing time at EK. He pretty much said if he was going to continue his playing career then he wanted to be playing instead of sitting on the sidelines so they let him leave because they couldn't promise him game time.

Fair enough. Heard he was chasing dosh!

Can anyone explain EK's rather weird badge? Have they now ditched the navy and gold halved shirt to go all white?

Pretty sure the youth teams still have the navy/gold ones anyway. Was surprised when I went to see them and they were all white

Pretty sure the youth teams still have the navy/gold ones anyway. Was surprised when I went to see them and they were all white

From what I gather, they played in all white v LTHV cause their home and away kits both clashed with EK home kit. LTHV play yellow/black home and navy away. They couldn't use either so out came the all white effort.

quite clear they would not be able to host almost all the premier league including hibs and rangers the pitch is located in a public park these reams should have to name an alternative ground before they enter the tournament

and if you don't then he'll mend you if the authorities tell you where your playing

Their ground is fully compliant and holds an SFA licence. They have hosted a number of capacity crowds and all-tickets matches before. It is in a country park but then again Stranraer is in a public park. They wanted to play at K-Park if possible.

Also if you were to exclude every club unable to host Rangers or Celtic you would be removing dozens of non-league teams... Albion Rovers had to move as well, btw.

I fully expected the authorities to veto K-Park and in turn the rules make it clear either Hamilton or Motherwell would be the alternative.

That the BBC funds sectarianism by showing the biggest club in Scotland on TV where they'll get the most viewers which is exactly what their business model revolves around, as if thats a get it up you to Scottish football.

Right up there with piracy funds terrorism scaremongering.

the funny thing is that in the lead up to this "training session" it's going to be the junior club that get 99% of the press, and their 5 minutes of fame, so if thats what sums up scottish football then good on Scottish football and the BBC.

The exact same thing happens in the FA Cup too when a huge team draws a non league/lower league team away from home, but i'm guessing that the English FA and the English BBC aren't involved in some sort of religious conspiracy down there either.

Give me that over Dundee Utd vs Partick Thistle or Motherwell vs Inverness any day.

?

ETA: I see it has been picked up on.

quite clear they would not be able to host almost all the premier league including hibs and rangers the pitch is located in a public park these reams should have to name an alternative ground before they enter the tournament

and if you don't then he'll mend you if the authorities tell you where your playing

You mean like Stranraer's Stair Park?

:lol: Shambles from the Scottish FA as usual as Hamilton tell them they can't use their stadium.

It has recently been reported that we will be hosting the William Hill Scottish Cup 5th round fixture between East Kilbride and Celtic on Sunday 7th February.

We have a full programme of Academy, Youth and Community events already planned for that weekend and have no intention of altering our club programme and as a result will not be in a position to make New Douglas Park available to stage the tie.

http://www.hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/statement-east-kilbride-v-celtic/

What a farce :lol:

I actually thought at the time that they had done pretty well to get everything organised so far in advance, just a shame that they forgot to check with Hamilton if they could use the stadium.

Archived