East Kilbride v Celtic - SC R5 - Sunday 6th Feb - BBC 1

HomelandsOur

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not 'The Celtic Way'. The Celtic way is attractive attacking football. The fans don't complain about no challenge. In actual fact, we want a challenge from elsewhere....but we want you to do it on your own two feet. Get at least half your cup final fans to turn up for every home game, instead of greeting about how we earn more money from winning the league (which 1. Isn't a great deal more, 2. Which is what happens in every league anyway).

If people in other Scottish towns backed their own team rather than humping a ride on your lot and the zombies' collective filthy bandwagons, wouldn't it be a lot better?

That is not 'The Celtic Way'. The Celtic way is attractive attacking football. The fans don't complain about no challenge. In actual fact, we want a challenge from elsewhere....but we want you to do it on your own two feet. Get at least half your cup final fans to turn up for every home game, instead of greeting about how we earn more money from winning the league (which 1. Isn't a great deal more, 2. Which is what happens in every league anyway).

As Stan says, you lot haven't been good to watch since the late 80s, in the centenary season, and maybe the following season or two. I'll maybe give you the season around the Moravcik spell, but even then your lot generally shat the bed every time you played Rangers.

You are getting a challenge from elsewhere, and have been since Rangers died. Maybe you haven't noticed the abject failure to even come close to a treble, despite the zombies fannying about in the seaside leagues since 2012 and your resources absolutely dwarfing those of even your nearest challengers. Indeed, the challenge is such that we're into February now, and despite a theoretical one horse race being won at a canter, you're struggling to the title in front of a half empty stadium every other week.

Your kind don't actually want a challenge. You want to be beating everyone else by 4 or 5 every week because following a big team that thumps the wee teams is literally the only thing that makes your existence worthwhile. That, and getting it up Rangers.

And give the crowd-wanking a rest. You spent an inordinate amount of time dribbling on about it a few years back in your previous tear-stained paranoid existence here, and incredibly still bang on about it now, despite Celtic Park being half empty every home game, largely because a huge, huge number of your fans massively miss Rangers.

If people in other Scottish towns backed their own team rather than humping a ride on your lot and the zombies' collective filthy bandwagons, wouldn't it be a lot better?

There are several clubs in Scotland who have fans in other towns. Only seems to be an issue when they support Celtic or Sevco.

Yes it would be better if everyone supported their local team. I agree with you, but would you not agree it would also be better if the fans of these clubs managed to support their team every week in the same numbers they manage to get for a cup final?

As Stan says, you lot haven't been good to watch since the late 80s, in the centenary season, and maybe the following season or two. I'll maybe give you the season around the Moravcik spell, but even then your lot generally shat the bed every time you played Rangers.

No, there was the Tommy Burns era. Then the Martin O'Neill era too, the Wim Jansen season & even under Lenny. In fact we generally have played good football....even when not at our successful periods for the club. Oh & we did not shit the bed when we played Rangers when Lubo & Co were playing. We jumped them more often than not...in fact during that period we had the famous 'Green & Whitewash' run when we jumped them 5 games on the trot.

You are getting a challenge from elsewhere, and have been since Rangers died. Maybe you haven't noticed the abject failure to even come close to a treble, despite the zombies fannying about in the seaside leagues since 2012 and your resources absolutely dwarfing those of even your nearest challengers.

Winning the league by 17pts is not being challenged in anyone's world. Not having the zombies in the league also didn't affect the Treble because winning the league hasn't been the problem. They play in both cups do they not? We beat them with ease in our only meeting in the cup did we not? The Sevco argument really is an invalid one.

Indeed, the challenge is such that we're into February now, and despite a theoretical one horse race being won at a canter, you're struggling to the title in front of a half empty stadium every other week.

This season Aberdeen have pushed us a wee bit closer, but let's wait & see what happens at the end of the season. Celtic will always finish the horse race with a sprint leaving the Dons choking on our dust again

Your kind don't actually want a challenge. You want to be beating everyone else by 4 or 5 every week because following a big team that thumps the wee teams is literally the only thing that makes your existence worthwhile. That, and getting it up Rangers.

No, my kind wants a challenge....but I want whichever club challenges us to actually grow on & off the field do it becomes a permanent challenge & not a one season wonder. Until such times as clubs can do that then I'll expect my club to dominate others when we meet them.

And give the crowd-wanking a rest. You spent an inordinate amount of time dribbling on about it a few years back in your previous tear-stained paranoid existence here, and incredibly still bang on about it now, despite Celtic Park being half empty every home game, largely because a huge, huge number of your fans massively miss Rangers.

It's not half empty every home game. Admittedly a couple of games have been but it's generally about 2/3rds full. Then again it is a massive 60,000 capacity unlike all the smaller grounds in Scotland so we'll take that into account too. Although I agree...sadly too many ummm so called Celtic fans do miss Rangers. Got no time for those people.

No, my kind wants a challenge....but I want whichever club challenges us to actually grow on & off the field do it becomes a permanent challenge & not a one season wonder. Until such times as clubs can do that then I'll expect my club to dominate others when we meet them

Except that just isn't realistic. And you know that.

Rangers have been a much weaker animal. Their challenge in the Cups has been pitiful. Hell, they've no even yet won the Ramsden's/Petrofac. Of course the way has been cleared for Celtic to win trebles. Their continuing failures to do so represents a staggering tale of underachievement.

This business of other clubs getting the numbers they take to Cup finals is ludicrous. I know far far more OF fans who never watch their team than I do Queens ones, of whom the same can be said.

No, there was the Tommy Burns era. Then the Martin O'Neill era too, the Wim Jansen season & even under Lenny. In fact we generally have played good football....even when not at our successful periods for the club. Oh & we did not shit the bed when we played Rangers when Lubo & Co were playing. We jumped them more often than not...in fact during that period we had the famous 'Green & Whitewash' run when we jumped them 5 games on the trot.

Winning the league by 17pts is not being challenged in anyone's world. Not having the zombies in the league also didn't affect the Treble because winning the league hasn't been the problem. They play in both cups do they not? We beat them with ease in our only meeting in the cup did we not? The Sevco argument really is an invalid one.

This season Aberdeen have pushed us a wee bit closer, but let's wait & see what happens at the end of the season. Celtic will always finish the horse race with a sprint leaving the Dons choking on our dust again

No, my kind wants a challenge....but I want whichever club challenges us to actually grow on & off the field do it becomes a permanent challenge & not a one season wonder. Until such times as clubs can do that then I'll expect my club to dominate others when we meet them.

It's not half empty every home game. Admittedly a couple of games have been but it's generally about 2/3rds full. Then again it is a massive 60,000 capacity unlike all the smaller grounds in Scotland so we'll take that into account too. Although I agree...sadly too many ummm so called Celtic fans do miss Rangers. Got no time for those people.

Did the 5 games on the trot you beat us not take place between season 2003-4 and the first Derby of the 04-05 season , I am certain Moravick never played for yous at that time

Archived