Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

22 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Granny Danger - the authoritarian Brexiteerr, who f**ks off to Spain for his twilight years after pulling up the ladder behind him.

Are we sure he wasn’t in Southport the other day? Sounds like he’d fit in well with the lads.

Why are you behaving like some poundland VT act?

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've been surprised at how surprised some people are about the amount of young people joining this.

Tommy Robinson and Andrew Tate are huge among 12-26yo white men, and have spent years filling their head with stuff to create this moment. You've had Twitter for the past few years literally designed to push it on you too. It's almost impossible to escape for certain people and its now in effect.

A bunch of brainwashed men who have been told they're powerless weaklings unless they stand up, assert themselves, and claim what's "rightfully theirs".

This won't go away overnight.

Aided and abetted by mainstream politicians trying to outdo each other on immigration.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They showed a map of the hotspots of trouble on Sky News earlier.

There was one in Wales, one in Northern Ireland and about a dozen in England.

It gave me a little frisson of pride to note that Scotland didn't have any.  I know that any smugness could be wildly misplaced and we might be heading in the same direction.  After all, we have our own issues with prejudice and it's not hard to imagine a similar situation emerging to that which developed in Belfast yesterday.

What do people think?  Are we intrinsically different from other parts of the UK in this regard?  Would we face similar unrest if we'd bigger immigrant populations?  I couldn't help noticing that some of the most troubled spots in England will be pretty white, so I don't know about that.

Basically, I'm asking if we've just been lucky thus far and are unlikely to remain unaffected, or are there actual differences - structural, cultural, social , whatever - which have spared us hitherto and are bound to keep doing so?

They are meant to be in Glasgow next weekend- I genuinely hope they get a f**king hiding.

Currently in Blackpool for Rebellion Festival.

Whole North Pier and Wintergardens area was a bit of a circus throughout the afternoon.

Gathering of them waddling along the prom and chanting for Tommy (chanting for a made up character is FAF really) and waving flags. Standard FTP chat when they clocked a boy in a Celtic top. Most of the bother in the square looked to be youths lobbing bottles about. Load of them in the shopping centre too breaking stuff and trying to chore stock from shops.

Seemed to calm down a bit into the evening then kicked off again sporadically after 10.

From what I gather, their initial angle was that it was because of what happened in Southport. However, after it became apparent that the details of that didn't suit their standard narrative, they changed it to "because of the boats". In any event, being thuggish wanks and causing bother to innocent folk going about their business isn't really going to get any sort of message over.

2 minutes ago, Derek Patterson said:

because of the boats".

Aye it seems to have merged into this, which made it all the funnier that you have the former Tory Home Secretary who’s party came up with this phrase and essentially lit the fuse now saying the government aren’t doing enough. The mental gymnastics required are quite impressive. 

Just now, 101 said:

Aye it seems to have merged into this, which made it all the funnier that you have the former Tory Home Secretary who’s party came up with this phrase and essentially lit the fuse now saying the government aren’t doing enough. The mental gymnastics required are quite impressive. 

Ironically, as it was kicking off on the prom, the coastguard helicopter was going up and down the shore (seemingly someone took a heider into the sea but was found safely back on shore after) along with a rib so that would no doubt have bammed them up too.

They showed a clip from Hull earlier in which women were bellowing about wanting their country back.  

They should have been more concerned about getting their teeth back, but there obviously is an issue of incoherent, impotent underclass fury that's found the nastiest of outlets.  

It is a worry, but I suppose it's easy for it to look like it's on a larger scale than it really is.

31 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It gave me a little frisson of pride to note that Scotland didn't have any.  I know that any smugness could be wildly misplaced and we might be heading in the same direction.  After all, we have our own issues with prejudice and it's not hard to imagine a similar situation emerging to that which developed in Belfast yesterday.

What do people think?  Are we intrinsically different from other parts of the UK in this regard?  Would we face similar unrest if we'd bigger immigrant populations?  I couldn't help noticing that some of the most troubled spots in England will be pretty white, so I don't know about that.

Basically, I'm asking if we've just been lucky thus far and are unlikely to remain unaffected, or are there actual differences - structural, cultural, social , whatever - which have spared us hitherto and are bound to keep doing so?

I'd like to think that we are different to the goons elsewhere in the UK, but I don't think it's reasonable to take it for granted.  There is the depressingly evident element who think that their opinions, however ludicrously based, are more important than anyone else's.

If there are these mutants' processions that end up in violence I hope the police can contain them, round up the violent and have them face the consequences of their actions. It might be good if non-violent counter demos take place, if nothing else for the purpose of showing the loonies that they do not represent everyone else.  Maybe lines of sane people standing guard at vulnerable commercial premises and community centres etc would be good? 

I'm not sure TBH. I'd just encourage anyone minded to take part in demos with the intention of turning them into a riot to realise that they are just pawns of the likes of Farage, Yaxley-Lennon and the alleged Russian bots, none of whom give a toss about their day to day lives.

If the riots do happen, I have the feeling that there will be a lot more football strips on display than I'd like.  Don't do it lads. Don't be the pawns of these w@nkers.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

They showed a clip from Hull earlier in which women were bellowing about wanting their country back.  

They should have been more concerned about getting their teeth back, but there obviously is an issue of incoherent, impotent underclass fury that's found the nastiest of outlets.  

It is a worry, but I suppose it's easy for it to look like it's on a larger scale than it really is.

The irony of these people likely being Tory voters is too complex for them to see aswell. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The irony of these people likely being Tory voters is too complex for them to see aswell. 

Over 4 million people vote for Reform a few weeks ago, an overtly racist party regardless of their denials.  That included eight percent of 18 - 29 year olds according to YouGov analysis.  I mention that because I think that age group will make up the bulk of the rioters.

I’d like to think that this is a ceiling but as the next five years rushes by and Starmer does nothing to make the lives of ordinary people better in terms of tacking poverty, inequality, poor healthcare, poor education, etc. the simplistic solutions to complex problems offered by these racists may have an even broader appeal.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

I have been away for a period of serious reflection & all I will say is, how the f**k do these racist f**kwits think people got to the British ISLES in the first place?

Someone’s already referenced Stewart Lee tbf.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've been surprised at how surprised some people are about the amount of young people joining this.

Tommy Robinson and Andrew Tate are huge among 12-26yo white men, and have spent years filling their head with stuff to create this moment. You've had Twitter for the past few years literally designed to push it on you too. It's almost impossible to escape for certain people and its now in effect.

A bunch of brainwashed men who have been told they're powerless weaklings unless they stand up, assert themselves, and claim what's "rightfully theirs".

This won't go away overnight.

More or less two decades of austerity politics have decimated the public sector and local councils, basic infrastructure is falling apart and recent inflation has hit a lot of people in the pocket. Fertile ground for the far right and the grifters you mention to misdirect the anger and desperation felt by a lot of people, which added to the genuine arsehole faction, has tipped the balance and led to what we see now. It has been in the post since 2008.

I think we have a problem here but it's not as bad as it's not so concentrated as some of the shite holes in England. The problem is when they are allowed to come in from the reservations to a focal point like George Square where I have no doubt there will be trouble but our police seem to handle stuff like this better than down south. We already seen it during covid times when there were protests about racism and the NDL had a counter demo and there were scuffles  between the green brigade and the NDL  

edit:   https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/green-brigade-kettled-police-glasgow-22225170

Edited by dirty dingus

Some words of wisdom from the Viz "Letterbocks" pages, said to be from a David Slade from Stevenage... " They say ignorance is bliss but I have noticed, especially in the world of social media, that most of the ignorant are not blissful at all. In fact most of them are extremely angry. Come on all you homophobes and xenophobes, chill out a bit."

Some sound advice there from a perhaps surprising source.

On 04/08/2024 at 11:00, Granny Danger said:

Over 4 million people vote for Reform a few weeks ago, an overtly racist party regardless of their denials.  That included eight percent of 18 - 29 year olds according to YouGov analysis.  I mention that because I think that age group will make up the bulk of the rioters.

I’d like to think that this is a ceiling but as the next five years rushes by and Starmer does nothing to make the lives of ordinary people better in terms of tacking poverty, inequality, poor healthcare, poor education, etc. the simplistic solutions to complex problems offered by these racists may have an even broader appeal.

Yes, I'd agree that those who voted are likely to have ticked the Reform box. 

The irony there is, of course, even greater.  Of course, Reform make the racist noises that will appeal.  They also had tax and spend policies though, that were absolutely mental in terms of how they wanted to further strip back the state, utterly abandoning any notion of supporting the disadvantaged.  (I'm not implying that the impoverished are all racist by the way - as demonstrated by Farage, such prejudice cuts across class).

I'm not sure about the age groups most involved.  There's been plenty footage of youngsters, even children involved.  The bald also seem to have a large profile though, so I think it's hard to pin it down demographically in terms of age.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Would it be too simplistic to say that our domestic leagues starting back this weekend had an effect? There are undoubtedly lots of Scots who share the same beliefs as these people, and tbh I don't have any reason for why there weren't similar scenes here other than that.