Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hope the sausage rolls he stole scalded his tongue. 

Have you ever had a sausage roll from Greggs?

Absolutely no chance of that.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Have you ever had a sausage roll from Greggs?

Absolutely no chance of that.

Think I last entered a Greggs establishment back in 2017, maybe? 

In either case, if it doesn’t burn him it might choke him. 

I was always well aware that England* had a lot of thick racist c***s but the level of racism proudly displayed by hundreds of people in broad daylight has been absolutely sickening. So depressing that there are so many people that genuinely think stuff like this is acceptable, how do you fix this problem? f**k knows but it certainly won't go away overnight.

*So do we 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

Tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons, batons...

Short term, aye. But long term it'd only make them feel more justified that they're the 'silent majority being oppressed by the establishment'.

Tens of thousands of people (if not more) have been radicalised into thinking that burning hotels and barricading the exits to said hotels is okay and a concerning amount of young folk that think that Reform/Farage/Robinson are the good guys. 

That problem (IMO) isn't solved by kicking f**k out of them.

Just now, camer0n_mcd said:

Short term, aye. But long term it'd only make them feel more justified that they're the 'silent majority being oppressed by the establishment'.

Tens of thousands of people (if not more) have been radicalised into thinking that burning hotels and barricading the exits to said hotels is okay and a concerning amount of young folk that think that Reform/Farage/Robinson are the good guys. 

Maybe not, but it would be satisfying. 

7 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Do people really go on holiday to Tamworth? 

I've stayed at that Holiday Inn before, it's about 10 minutes from Drayton Manor theme park which has Thomas The Tank Engine Land amongst many other attractions. You've never been?!

8 hours ago, camer0n_mcd said:

I don't  think the kids breaking into Lush and Greggs had any notion of being a silent majority.

I've no doubt there are some people  pulling strings and have created the conditions that precipitate riots, but the one on the telly are not activists, they're opportunists.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

While the media's insistence on referring to "protests" and "protesters" is an abject failure on their part, I don't think "riots" goes far enough either. While some of it has also involved general looting, these are pogroms targeting non-white and especially Muslim communities that have seen multiple attempted murders. Pretending it's not that serious or minimising the explicitly racist character of it by talking about "legitimate concerns" or similar tropes is complicity.

22 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've no doubt there are some people  pulling strings and have created the conditions that precipitate riots, but the one on the telly are not activists, they're opportunists.

Don't agree with this. Some of the youngest ones involved perhaps, but many of them are angry men that genuinely hold racist viewpoints and also have a fascination with violence. They've been radicalised by things they see online and the Southport stabbing has triggered them into rioting and, in some cases, arson and attempted murder. 

We can try and rationalise it as them being hoodwinked by bad actors on Twitter etc all we want, and that might well have a large element of truth behind it, but they hold these views genuinely and will be espousing/sharing them on a daily basis. Eventually this spills over into real life, with potentially horrific consequences. What we've had so far is bad enough but there is potential for it to escalate - I don't think they are "done" yet and as with anything, there is a high risk of retribution leading to a further cycle of violence. 

I have no idea how we try and deradicalise these men, but they have shown they pose a substantial threat to life. I fear we've deluded ourselves that they are all thick-as-shit and therefore incapable of organising themselves effectively to inflict violence in the way that they've done this weekend, which is a big calculation. 

Edited by Michael W

6 minutes ago, Michael W said:

life. I fear we've deluded ourselves that they are all thick-as-shit and therefore incapable of organising themselves effectively to inflict violence in the way that they've done this weekend, which is a big calculation. 

It doesnt take a high level of intelligence to organise a group of folk to go out smash windows and set fire to stuff. Not in the age of social media. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It doesnt take a high level of intelligence to organise a group of folk to go out smash windows and set fire to stuff. Not in the age of social media. 

But it's the mindset of the participants that's the problem.

I'm struggling to think of an issue that could appear on Facebook or anywhere else that would make me think "what I really need to do is meet the guys, drive to another town or city, smash up shops, throw bins and bricks at the polis and set fire to a hotel".