Tommy Robinson

Bambino7

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

Anyone who believes that they should be monitoring and/or deciding what content is posted on here should apply to join the moderating team.

I'm not suggesting banning anything, just that people should think before they post stuff. 

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

Whose rule is this? 

Correct and allowing the facts to speak for themselves is an underrated skill. 

Normally I'd agree, and @Freedom Farter is usually excellent at providing a supporting comment.

However, there's been more than the usual posters here - not everyone is as au fait with the discussion as some of the regulars here.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Posting poor Tommy videos is platforming a stream of lies intended to foment hatred and violence, some viewers may take it as fact.

It wasn't Robinson's content it was a segment from Israeli TV which had been put on Youtube by a third party, Middle East Eye, a reasonably reputable outlet. I thought it was informative for a couple of reasons. Firstly that an Israeli broadcaster felt it could benefit from promoting his message. Then that he expressed the same sentiments on London Gaza protests as Jendrick did today. Jendrick is receiving pushback but nothing like the vigilance media shows towards Robinson. Tories and their "respectable" media allies correctly denounce Robinson yet have the leadership candidate for their party saying the same things on Sky News.

Regardless, point taken, I won't repeat the error.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Normally I'd agree, and @Freedom Farter is usually excellent at providing a supporting comment.

However, there's been more than the usual posters here - not everyone is as au fait with the discussion as some of the regulars here.

Entirely fair. As I put above, I recognise the issue now and won't repeat.

Edited by Freedom Farter

19 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Anyone who believes that they should be monitoring and/or deciding what content is posted on here should apply to join the moderating team.

Tried to send in my CV but the 8mb upload limit was proving a problem.

16 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

It wasn't Robinson's content it was a segment from Israeli TV which had been put on Youtube by a third party, Middle East Eye, a reasonably reputable outlet. I thought it was informative for a couple of reasons. Firstly that an Israeli broadcaster felt it could benefit from promoting his message. Then that he expressed the same sentiments on London Gaza protests as Jendrick did today. Jendrick is receiving pushback but nothing like the vigilance media shows towards Robinson. Tories and their "respectable" media allies correctly denounce Robinson yet have the leadership candidate for their party saying the same things on Sky News.

Regardless, point taken, I won't repeat the error.

I wasn't having a go at you in particular, more than anyone you try to provide the context, but some people will just click on the video without reading it, and take totally the wrong message. 

P.S. I realise I'm coming over as a pompous twat now so I'll shut up.

Edited by welshbairn

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm not suggesting banning anything, just that people should think before they post stuff. 

People post any old shite, the overwhelming majority of which is already in the public domain and can be easily searched for (or indeed pushed on to you via social media) anything deemed to be in contravention of the site rules or reported is usually removed by the mods.

Nobody's clicking on a Tommy Robinson video on P&B and suddenly being radicalised.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I’d rather see footage like that than hotels being burned down.

What if the hotel was owned by an evil billionaire and contained 3 baby Hitlers and a colony of seagulls ?

Just now, Cheese said:

What if the hotel was owned by an evil billionaire and contained 3 baby Hitlers and a colony of seagulls ?

Are you a moron?

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

King Charles is being kept updated daily about the disorder, Buckingham Palace says

No need to worry anymore, lads.

Well of course he is, coming from a migrant family!

tumbleweed GIF