Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually believe that Daviebhoy Griffin thinks that its Celtic who are the victims, not the player.

Which is even more of a tragedy.

Of course they are. Look at the evidence he's provided.

Davie bhoy seems genuinely angry about this. It's pretty tragic.

More disappointed how they came to their decision and also because there are fools on here whose faces would be tripping them if it was one of their players on the receiving end of this instead of Tonev in an identical situation.

Kenny Clark too, which is hilarious given the amount of abuse he has had over the years from Celtic fans for being an "ora**e b*****d".

Never game him abuse for that....however, if he is then it only adds to my argument if someone like that can even see the decision was wrong...which doesn't say much for the rest who can't.

Pages & pages of Diddies continuing with the same crap calling Tonev a racist & as such not one person has been able to throw up an answer to the question.

You call him a racist on the basis of Logan's allegation that the SFA said 'probably' (please note, 'probably' and 'did' are two different things) did say it, before handing him a lengthy ban. So for the last time I'll ask....

What proof have you got to back up the claims that he IS a racist and not 'probably' a racist?

After this I'll only be discussing the game because I'm getting bored of going round in circles. (Cue the inevitable silly remarks)

What 'evidence' was there to support the decision to ban Tonev on the grounds of racist remarks.

Now take your time on this one.

The evidence was obviously presented behind closed doors, so I don't know what it was, but it was enough to ban him. If he wasn't guilty, where was the appeal? Where was the approach to the CAS?

You forgot to put 'allegedly' in there.

The argument is simple. If there is sufficient proof to back up the allegations then yes, by all means punish the player. If not, then don't.

So do you agree with people being found guilty without any proof then?

So if against your club, Efe Ambrose accuses one of your players of saying something racist towards him, yet nobody heard it, none of the cameras picked up anything audio or visual to back up the claims & your player denied saying anything racist....you would be happy for the player to pick up a 9 game ban and be labelled a racist?

There was evidence. A lot of people gave their accounts of what happened, and they examined video from 4 different angles of the incident . Clearly, these amounted to sufficient proof for the SFA panel to find him guilty on the balance of probabilities under their rules.

Stop claiming there's no proof.

Also, if Efe Ambrose was racially abused by a Thistle player and Alan Archibald told the press that Ambrose was definitely a liar, would you consider that ok?

I guess we'll never know if Tonev said anything racist or not. One thing's for sure, neither player came out of it with any credit.

If Tonev did say something racist then I would have wanted him sacked immediatedy.

The 'butter wouldn't melt in his mouth' Logan's real personality soon came out afterwards.

Should be a decent game this, they'll certainly give us a game, but fairly confident for the win. 3-2 Celtic.

Aye the sheep will be well up for it. Looking forward to it.

Shame they cut our allocation but you can't argue if they sell their tickets.

We should give them a bigger allocation for CP.

Should be a decent game this, they'll certainly give us a game, but fairly confident for the win. 3-2 Celtic.

At last. Someone who's talking about the game. Even though I disagree with your prediction, you deserve a green just for trying to rag this thread away from tft boring pish.

I'm hoping for a win and I'd think that the rest of Scottish football (including Liewell) will as well. If we lose, then it will be very very hard to catch Celtic. Still not impossible, just very improbable. We're getting better slowly but surely and have slightly more points than last season. Beating Celtic twice at home would show more progress.

I'm still dreaming of winning the league.

Eternal optimist.

I reserve the right to start greeting about how we've got no chance if we do lose the game like all fickle football fans do. The most bipolar group of people ever.

I guess we'll never know if Tonev said anything racist or not. One thing's for sure, neither player came out of it with any credit.

If Tonev did say something racist then I would have wanted him sacked immediatedy.

The 'butter wouldn't melt in his mouth' Logan's real personality soon came out afterwards.

What exactly did Shay Logan do to "not come out of it with any credit"?

What has his "real personality" got to do with it, and what is that real personality you are alluding to?

Well done. Someone's talking about the game next week instead of the drivel.

Even though I disagree with you, I'll give you a greenie just for that.

We need a win to narrow the gap. 9 points would be massive and I'm still dreaming of winning the league.

Eternal optimism might be followed by a reality check but you've got to keep dreaming.

Aye the thread is really bad wasted a lot of time reading that drivel!

Don't think we could recover from 9 points although we did a great recovery in the 91 although that didn't end well lol. Think a draw will keep the title race going although really need a win to worry Celtic. My concern is the centre of midfield being short with Jack and Flood injured and although Storie has done well in the 2 games there was near the end of the first half on the Dundee game where I felt he struggled. Think the manager is more likely to move Shinnie into Midfield and put Considine left back to give us a bit of height in the team.

Suppose better to see who we sign before making a comment on what the team is going to be, no doubt losing Quinn (no great loss - didn't work out) we will have some sort of replacement and if on-loan then more the Hector type rather than Daniels!

Interesting to note that Aberdeen are 1 point better than the same time last season with 23 games - due a defeat :)

Archived