Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea isn't the current attendance at Pittodrie pretty similar to the type of support they got when they won the league in the 80s?

Sure I head that on the radio. Basically they're matching some of they're biggest attendences (minus some of the ludicrous ones that every team had post war: 60,000 at Love Street fs..).

Yea isn't the current attendance at Pittodrie pretty similar to the type of support they got when they won the league in the 80s?

Sure I head that on the radio. Basically they're matching some of they're biggest attendences (minus some of the ludicrous ones that every team had post war: 60,000 at Love Street fs..).

Considering the rubbish that's been served up for two decades I'm surprised anyone goes to games. Our attendances have been reasonably static for years, going up and down by only a few thousand.

322493-aberdeen-average-attendance.jpg

These are actual people at games ie not the rubbish put forward by the blues and greens for their attendances. In 1982-93 the average home attendance was 15,700 according to wiki. In the same season celtics was 23,740 not a huge difference. In fact celtics attendances only properly grew in 1996 when they averaged 47,000 (they say). Up till then there wasn't much in it. celtic - not such a big european club after all. :)

Looking forward to this game being over if I'm honest. No appetite for the baggage and hassle the Ugly Sisters carry with them.

Regards to team, with Hayes being seemingly injured and Goodwillie gone, our options are limited as to what we can do. Church may well get a game but I imagine with Reynolds being back from suspension, we may well go with: Brown; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Storie, Shinnie; Pawlett, McLean, McGinn; Rooney.

Sadly, I cannot see us winning and predict The Famous will go down 2-0 to Celtic, Griffiths with a double and Considine to get sent aff. Hope I'm wrong!

When the last lot of FOI requests asked for celtics actual attendances for quite a few games it looked like the discrepancy was anywhere between 15-20 thousand, on average, missing for each home game- just facts although feel free to argue with the number given to the police by your club. So that meant that thousands of celtic fans were just not bothering to go. Just facts. Look them up, its all public record. :) You have a nice day now!

I got it wrong, the worst was over 20K missing. The Thistle game was 26,587 people short, more than the actual attendance that day. Just amazing. So they said that 52,670 was the attendance but the actual attendance was only 26,083. Now in my books that's a lot of people not going to the game, bearing in mind that some would still pay and be counted at the gate. So out of around 40,000 ST holders perhaps only 20,000 actually went to the game. I just don't think they like football. :) Or maybe its a rangers thing!

Is there any way I can get a ticket to this match? I've just moved up this week but thought I would try and catch it if possible. They are looking for a previous ticket history though, is there any way round that?

If you're willing to spend money on two tickets then you could buy a ticket to the Saints home game at the end of the month to give you buying history.

Archived