Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen fan has already admitted that Celtic losing is the highlight of his season, this apparently trumps anything his own team does.

Quite sad really.

Yep, it's kinda the measure of just how ambitious they are.

They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland for a few years now. Won their first piece of silverware in just shy of 2 decades....& still they get poxy crowds of around 11,000-12,000.

With such a feel good factor going on & obvious improvements, they should be filling out such a small poxy stadium & helping to fund better players so that when Sevco get into the top flight for the first time, they can still dominate them for a few years to come. Talk about an opportunity wasted. Even the Scumbo's have put them to shame...& I have no time for them, but fair play. They are filling out Swinecastle & showing how fans should react when coming out of poorer times & enjoying better times.

So for now, let them enjoy our failures since they can't enjoy any triumphs of their own.

Yep, it's kinda the measure of just how ambitious they are.

They have been the 2nd best team in Scotland for a few years now. Won their first piece of silverware in just shy of 2 decades....& still they get poxy crowds of around 11,000-12,000.

With such a feel good factor going on & obvious improvements, they should be filling out such a small poxy stadium & helping to fund better players so that when Sevco get into the top flight for the first time, they can still dominate them for a few years to come. Talk about an opportunity wasted. Even the Scumbo's have put them to shame...& I have no time for them, but fair play. They are filling out Swinecastle & showing how fans should react when coming out of poorer times & enjoying better times.

So for now, let them enjoy our failures since they can't enjoy any triumphs of their own.

Scumbo...Swinecastle. You're clearly an intelligent man.

By that logic shouldn't you be filling your own stadium every second week?

If our stadium was as tiny as 21,000 then yes we would be. Remember, you're a one team city, miles from the nearest top flight club. You have no excuses.

We also don't have the same barren spells that you have so out fans measure success differently. We still have 42,000 season tickets sold....despite some of them not turning up to some games.

The one city theme is an interesting one. On the one hand you have a clear path to collect your thousands of fans and on the other there is no sectarian hatred of another local team which at least in Glasgow has generated interest and increased attendances. If Aberdeen had another club in the city, and both clubs were hugely sectarian in birth and in life then I suspect we may have built up a larger following which would be based around hatred rather than football. Thankfullly we don't have any of that. Curiously I spoke to a celtic fan last week and he said he wasn't interested in football at the moment but when the rangers are back he can't wait to go again. Says it all really. And there are another 15-20 thousand at celtic who have bought season tickets and dont go. You couldn't make this up. 21st century.

Do you not have enough fans to fill your stadium then?

Yes we do. Sadly though we have a lot of glory hunters. I'll not be an apologist for them though, like fans other than Celtic & Sevco are for their own clubs glory hunters.

Why is it that Aberdeen fans are not getting behind the club despite getting rid of the debt, finishing 2nd for two years running. Winning your first trophy in 19yrs & seeing the team improving on the park?

Why is it that even Hearts are putting you to shame?

The one city theme is an interesting one. On the one hand you have a clear path to collect your thousands of fans and on the other there is no sectarian hatred of another local team which at least in Glasgow has generated interest and increased attendances. If Aberdeen had another club in the city, and both clubs were hugely sectarian in birth and in life then I suspect we may have built up a larger following which would be based around hatred rather than football. Thankfullly we don't have any of that. Curiously I spoke to a celtic fan last week and he said he wasn't interested in football at the moment but when the rangers are back he can't wait to go again. Says it all really. And there are another 15-20 thousand at celtic who have bought season tickets and dont go. You couldn't make this up. 21st century.

Hmmmm a post mixed with nonsense, a common sense mixed with nonsense theory, and a reality of a section of our fans who think like that.

I've heard ONE fan down here say he won't be back until Rangers are up.

Hmmmm a post mixed with nonsense, a common sense mixed with nonsense theory, and a reality of a section of our fans who think like that.

I've heard ONE fan down here say he won't be back until Rangers are up

When the last lot of FOI requests asked for celtics actual attendances for quite a few games it looked like the discrepancy was anywhere between 15-20 thousand, on average, missing for each home game- just facts although feel free to argue with the number given to the police by your club. So that meant that thousands of celtic fans were just not bothering to go. Just facts. Look them up, its all public record. :) You have a nice day now!

Archived