Aberdeen v Celtic - 03/02/16

What a game!! Firstly to get it out of the way, Scott Brown, Kazim Kazim, Steven McLean, you should be ashamed. They got away with murder. Having said that, I've never seen us rattle them so much. Shinnie, Storie and Church got stuck in about and really got it up them. They don't seem to like it if you stand up to them. Totally and utterly rattled.

Jonny Hayes was the sponsors' MOTM but I'd have given it to Storie. What a performance from the lad. Some terrific tackles and simple no nonsense passing to those around him. He was cool and calm on the ball. If he can continue like he is then we've got a good player on our hands. Hayes was obviously brilliant for the goal (WOOOOF) but contributed a lot defensively too. McGinn had a quieter game but he's still capable of magic. He also showed the most fight I've seen him give against Celtic. He really showed some dig in midfield, something we've not seen much of from him. Rooney and in particular Church up top were tireless, running jumping harrying, a stronger referee would give him more fouls, Sviatchenko should have given several in the first half.

Defensively we didn't seem rock solid but at the same time Celtic didn't cause us too much trouble, I can't think of many saves from Brown. Taylor bossed it against Griffiths and only had trouble when Kazim Richards came on. Even then he won the battle overall. Reynolds' pace is so handy as well, and when you've got Shinnie playing in his correct position, you see how much we miss him when he's in the middle of the park.

Great tactical switch from Derek going to 3 at the back in the closing stages. You could see they were just going to hoof it for the rest of the game, and Considine won everything in the air when he was on. Their goal came from Griffiths getting in between Shinnie and Reynolds when Shinniwe was a bit out of position. Terrific skill and a good finish.

The silence told it all though.

To sum up: GIRFUY Celtic, we're coming for you !!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great Thread.

Marvellous viewing.

Well done Dons.

You pished your breeks shull?

At least when Aberdeen lose the title race (BOTTLE it) they will console themselves with the fact that they were less shite than last year.

At least when Aberdeen lose the title race (BOTTLE it) they will console themselves with the fact that they were less shite than last year.

Aye, and the Super Dons pished on your Mhob.

Lol

Hell hell

^^^^ sobbing relentlessly as he clutches tightly to his henrik Larson framed portrait , rocking back and forward on his chair

You're not a bit upset are you, Romeo?

I think the only positive that you can give to either side last night was that Aberdeen worked hard.

Both teams were very poor but Aberdeen won quite easily despite that.

On terms of possession then the result was unfair on us, but in fairness, Aberdeen looked more threatening going forward and they looked hungrier for the victory. It only took until his first appearance for the club to justify my fears that Colin Kazim-Richards is going to be a loose cannon for us.

Always the victims :lol:

Archived