DFC v DFC 6th Feb

microdave

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently the guy on the results program said " Never have I seen two sets of players who looked like the didn't want to be on a pitch".

Strange comment given the fact it looked like Routledge, Sparky, Barr, Wright etc were loving it.

Without being patronising, I think Dumbarton did everything they could and they'll be glad to get this result. It's worth remembering they are part time. Hopefully they'll benefit from the extra cash of a replay.

They sat in and us Dee's will know we can't play against teams that sit in.

After all the hassle of getting tickets, that was a poor display. Would like the club to make tickets for today valid for the replay but it'll never happen.

Still, confident we'll beat them at Dens and I'll hopefully never have to come back to Dumbarton again.

Without being patronising, I think Dumbarton did everything they could and they'll be glad to get this result. It's worth remembering they are part time. Hopefully they'll benefit from the extra cash of a replay.

They sat in and us Dee's will know we can't play against teams that sit in.

After all the hassle of getting tickets, that was a poor display. Would like the club to make tickets for today valid for the replay but it'll never happen.

Still, confident we'll beat them at Dens and I'll hopefully never have to come back to Dumbarton again.

^^^Uncultured imo

We all know that our strengths (especially over the last few weeks) have been at the back. Although Dundee had a lot of the ball and one or two chances they didn't really work Ewings in goal much at all. Credit to the boys for the work they put in. We still lack in attacking threat but I think we have just about enough for most of the teams in our own league.

Did find it funny when quite of few of our home support cheered the final whistle. A midweek trip to Dundee in a replay is hardly worth cheering... but yeah we are still in the cup.

Wasn't the greatest football match I've been to, and sure, we sat in, but on a positive note, we got a decent result, despite the pitch getting poorer by the minute,.

What were the Dundee fans booing at at the final whistle. FFS, you were playing the undisputed best part-time team in the country.

And we managed to make a fortune off hospitality.

All-in-all, a decent day for the Club.

My MoTM was Jamie Ewings. Another clean shee - bye bye Brown with a bit of luck.

I think it's fair to say we dominated without creating much.

A pretty easy day for Bain and the defence but there was always the fear of conceding in the dying stages.

Still, we're in the hat and just have to try and up our attacking ability for the replay.

Highlight of my day was on the train down from Glasgow.

Dundee bird thought the science centre was the hydro, even saying "it looks different in the daytime." The guy she was with thought clydebanks playdrome was broadwood, and the dumbuck quarry was Dumbarton rock, they were clearly half cut but still amusing!

Archived