Warriors vs Pars Sat 6th February

As said above we have changed our shape to tighten up at the back as we were conceding far too many goals.Can,t argue with its success but it does make us less threatening going forward.The lone striker role doesn,t suit Colin as his hold up play isn,t great but he is a tremendous finisher and perfect in a front two.Against the Pars we have to keep the ball better or it will be a long afternoon.Scotland would be the perfect lone striker for our system but i,d never call for McMenamin to be left out.Decisions,decisions.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone saying Falkingham should be dropped? Why not Geggan? Neither were any good on Friday, but both have been performing well before that game.

Fair point - I don't think there's much to choose but on that surface against what's likely to be a fairly tight formation I'd give McCabe or Byrne a start due to their ability to pick out a forward with a pass along the deck.

Falkingham has been a very good player for us this season, much closer to the form he had in his first season. McCabe, on the other hand, has shown us nothing. I don't doubt that he has the ability to put in a decent performance but I'd definitely favour Falkingham at this point.

I don't know why the midfield disappeared on Friday but there was a complete lack of linkup play from defence to attack.

Byrne and McCabe offer this but they also have the ability to disappear completely, more so than Josh and Geggan.

When the chips are down and we need some fight I'd stick with Geggan, he can't do it every time though. We need another ball winner with physical presence, McCabe was a poor signing.

Paterson/ Cook are suspended, I think.

Dang, didn't expect the whole left flank to be missing. Is Ciaran Summers available? I fear this means sticking Ross Meechan at left-back and bringing back... Stuart Malcolm... Into the starting XI.

Jesus Christ. Away win, and our decent clean sheet record to suddenly become very dirty.

Dang, didn't expect the whole left flank to be missing. Is Ciaran Summers available? I fear this means sticking Ross Meechan at left-back and bringing back... Stuart Malcolm... Into the starting XI.

Jesus Christ. Away win, and our decent clean sheet record to suddenly become very dirty.

Summers is fit and ready.

Knew Cook was skirting with a suspension but didn't realise Paterson was aswell.

Maybe Carlos will get that starting place after all.

Geggan and Byrne are our best partnership in midfield.

Falkingham gets a free ride from a lot of people but when you watch him closely he is incredibly lazy at times and also struggles to make a useful forward pass.

He is good at diving about and is a decent finisher, but we need more than that against team who are sitting back. Byrne can play the killer pass a lot more effectively in my opinion.

Falkingham gets a free ride from a lot of people but when you watch him closely he is incredibly lazy at times and also struggles to make a useful forward pass.

He is good at diving about and is a decent finisher, but we need more than that against team who are sitting back. Byrne can play the killer pass a lot more effectively in my opinion.

You've made this up

Why is everyone saying Falkingham should be dropped? Why not Geggan? Neither were any good on Friday, but both have been performing well before that game.

Aye, this.

What an incredible amount of nonsense.

Murdoch

Reid

BRE

McKay

Talbot

Paton

Geggan

Byrne

Cardle

Moff

Faissal

Assuming this team plays, we should be winning this game, with ease.

There are some decent teams at this level and Stenny have done brilliantly with their resources. AJ and the players won't take this game lightly and it's a great chance to potentially go 10 points clear if A*r wobble.

Save the celebrations until the Cowden game in March, gonna be huge!

There are some decent teams at this level and Stenny have done brilliantly with their resources. AJ and the players won't take this game lightly and it's a great chance to potentially go 10 points clear if A*r wobble.

Save the celebrations until the Cowden game in March, gonna be huge!

No doubt there are some decent teams, but we should be winning this game (basically not many games that we are happy with a draw or a loss beforehand). My point is that, looking at that team, how can we not win?..

16:50 6/2/16 - Stenny 1 - 0 Pars.....

Summers is fit.

Archived