Warriors vs Pars Sat 6th February

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when they had a breakdown over the Kane hemmings rumour.

There has been suggestions that deliberately shutting down debate in order to favour masterton or breaking data protection so that they didn't have to answer questions was wrong, but that night where a rumour on a football forum sent admin off was quite something.

Remember when they had a breakdown over the Kane hemmings rumour.

There has been suggestions that deliberately shutting down debate in order to favour masterton or breaking data protection so that they didn't have to answer questions was wrong, but that night where a rumour on a football forum sent admin off was quite something.

I also got banned that night. They were deleting anything Hemmings related. I simply put up a post that said Knee Hammings (an anagram of Kane Hemmings), suffice to say I got banned for that!!!

Got a yellow card once for calling jimmy Calderwood ronseal face.

Don't pass up the opportunity to say it to his face, details below.

Talking Balls: Tam Cowan, Stuart Cosgrove, Jim Leishman, Jimmy Calderwood and John Robertson

Date:Tuesday 22nd March 2016 7:30pm

Venue:The Glen Pavilion, Dunfermline

After last night's match, I feel I am now in a position to discuss the weekend's fixture with Dunfermline Athletic.

There were positives and negatives from last night's performance against Brechin City. We defended well enough and only allowed them in behind a couple of times - Graham Bowman looked alright in goal, Jim Paterson has arguably been our most consistent player this season, while Ross Meechan continues to shine alongside Euan Murray - and three clean sheets in the last four matches is a sure sign of recent progress. Jon Robertson and Mark Gilhaney were really good, the former in particular, and they covered a lot of the pitch.

On the downside, we really lacked penetration in the final third. Colin McMenamin is game but he looks a lot better alongside a partner. The failure to bring in a striker last month could be costly (there's no indication as to when Jason Scotland or Allan Smith will be back in action) because Stephen Stirling and Anthony Marenghi didn't really give him the support he needed. We only really looked like creating something when Marenghi was replaced by the wildcard Carlos Manzana-Martinez. I think Bomber should have made the change 10 minutes before he did.

I'd only like to see a couple of changes for the visit of Dunfermline. I'd want Manzana-Martinez to start (although I appreciate this is unlikely - Bomber seems to view him as an impact substitute) and see Kieran Millar returned to the starting XI if he's overcome his illness:

- McMenamin -

- Manzana-Martinez -

- Cook - Robertson - Millar - Gilhaney -

- Paterson - Murray - Meechan - McCormack -

- Bowman -

I imagine Dunfermline will win this but who knows, good might triumph over evil this one time.

Started a thread last night titled Faiss Gone. Inside it said he had gone to Nandos for tea with BRE and Josh. That fud Thaipar took exception to it. No broken rules but hey ho!

If you're going to get banned, try & make it for something at least remotely funny or interesting.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the goals for tally has slowed a bit since Williamson and then Martin have been out. Although playing at right back they are so composed playing near the opponent's corner flag. Cutting balls back from the byeline or running the ball into the box is not something any other stand-in right backs can do. Result - more long balls and Faiss/Moff getting less service.

Hopefully Reid and Paton can strike up an understanding.

After last night's match, I feel I am now in a position to discuss the weekend's fixture with Dunfermline Athletic.

There were positives and negatives from last night's performance against Brechin City. We defended well enough and only allowed them in behind a couple of times - Graham Bowman looked alright in goal, Jim Paterson has arguably been our most consistent player this season, while Ross Meechan continues to shine alongside Euan Murray - and three clean sheets in the last four matches is a sure sign of recent progress. Jon Robertson and Mark Gilhaney were really good, the former in particular, and they covered a lot of the pitch.

On the downside, we really lacked penetration in the final third. Colin McMenamin is game but he looks a lot better alongside a partner. The failure to bring in a striker last month could be costly (there's no indication as to when Jason Scotland or Allan Smith will be back in action) because Stephen Stirling and Anthony Marenghi didn't really give him the support he needed. We only really looked like creating something when Marenghi was replaced by the wildcard Carlos Manzana-Martinez. I think Bomber should have made the change 10 minutes before he did.

I'd only like to see a couple of changes for the visit of Dunfermline. I'd want Manzana-Martinez to start (although I appreciate this is unlikely - Bomber seems to view him as an impact substitute) and see Kieran Millar returned to the starting XI if he's overcome his illness:

- McMenamin -

- Manzana-Martinez -

- Bowman -

I imagine Dunfermline will win this but who knows, good might triumph over evil this one time.

We've given up attacking at the expense of not conceding. Consequently we've picked up 7 points in the last 4 1/2 matches (the half being the first game against Brechin) and kept three clean sheets. Peterhead in between was a bit of an aberration due to the windy weather.

So, can't see too many changes for this game. I don't think Scotland is far away (injury wasn't as bad as it looked apparently). No idea about Alan Smith. Worried we won't see him again this season as he was looking like a good signing.

- McMenamin -

- Manzana-Martinez -

- Bowman -

Paterson/ Cook are suspended, I think.

Assuming Joe is back, the line-up I'd go for is:

Murdoch

Talbot

Reid

BRE
McKay

Cardle

Geggan

McCabe

Paton

Moffat

Faz

Subs: Hutton, Rooney, Byrne, Wallace, Falkingham, Hopkirk, Crossan

Not been impressed by Rooney so would happily see him drop out for Reid. Hopkirk didn't do enough last week to keep his place, and Falkingham has been off the boil last few weeks. McCabe deserves another (last!) chance to show he's capable - although would be quite happy to see Byrne back in as well.

Where's the best place for a pint near the stadium? Not been there since the cup replay years back!

Archived