Top 5 Grounds you want to visit before you die

lionel hutz

1. Westenfalenstadion, Dortmund: From the photos I've seen, it looks like the best football stadium in the world. 80-odd thousand at a game, with the beer, would have a cracking atmosphere.

2. Estadio Centeniro, Montivideo: Uruguay's national stadium that was built for the 1930 FIFA World Cup - one of the few older stadiums in the world that hasn't been ruined. The 130m tall tower behind the main stand has a pole that hosts the Uruguay flag, it is a symbol of Uruguayan national identity.

3. Estadio Azteca, Mexico City: One of the largest stadiums in the world, with almost 100,000 capacity, it would make for some away day.

4. Lansdowne Road, Dublin: The new ground there looks amazing, I wasn't able to go to it when I went to Dublin last year, but I would love to go and watch either a football or rugby game at the Aviva.

5, Estadio Muncipal do Braga, Braga: That's the ground that's built into the quarry, looks like it would have a great atmosphere.

Honourable Mention: Amsterdam ArenA, Allianz Arena, May Day Stadium, La Bombonera, Millennium Stadium and St James' Park

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been to most of the big stadia in Europe, Nou Camp, Bernabeu, San Siro, Olympic Stadium, etc.

Before I moved down to Manchester in the mid 90's I had been in every Scottish ground except Palmerston Park, since then with the addition of new clubs and new grounds I would prefer to update my record for Scottish grounds so my five would be;

1) Queen of the South

2) Peterhead

3) Annan

4) Elgin

5) Ross County

With the new stadiums at Falkirk, Hamilton, and St.Mirren to fall back on.

1 Westfalstadion in Dortmund

2 MCG in Melbourne for a Boxing Day Test match, not a football ground but im including it

3 Estadio Nacional in Lisbon where Celtic won a trophy a few years ago I believe, now used for athletics I read somewhere

4 Boca Juniors ground for a game v River Plate

5 Azteca in Mexico City where Diego won the World Cup virtually on his own

1 Westfalstadion in Dortmund

2 MCG in Melbourne for a Boxing Day Test match, not a football ground but im including it

3 Estadio Nacional in Lisbon where Celtic won a trophy a few years ago I believe, now used for athletics I read somewhere

4 Boca Juniors ground for a game v River Plate

5 Azteca in Mexico City where Diego won the World Cup virtually on his own

You will be glad to know that the Portuguese Cup Final is still held there every year.

You will be glad to know that the Portuguese Cup Final is still held there every year.

Cheers.

Genuinely didnt know that, had a wee look on YouTube and its changed very little since 1967, Hampden like for three sides, big gaps behind goals with bizarrely, just a wee temporary Alloa/Hamilton type temporary gazebo stand down one side

Archived