Stenhousemuir -vs Airdrieonians

It's the big game of the weekend. Stenhousemuir welcome a resurgent Airdrieonians to Ochilview as both teams tangle for the coveted final play-off place. Stenny have been okay-ish in recent weeks with a solid run of results and a vastly improved defensive performance, while the Diamonds appear to be resurgent after winning 10 points from a possible 12 (including a hugely satisfying bodying of Dunfermline Athletic).

Remarkably, Stenhousemuir have won both encounters with Airdrie this season, scoring late winners on both occasions. No reason to say why we can't do it for a third time but it looks as though Airdrie have finally sorted themselves out and look in decent shape. This will be a tough game and an excellent barometer about out play-off aspirations - win and I think we're in with a shout; lose and I reckon we'll see out the season in mid-table.

I can't think of making many changes from the weekend's team but I would like to see Carlos Mazana-Martinez given a run out. He's a tricky customer and I reckon he'd do well if he's given a run in the starting XI. Bomber, make it happen.

- McMenamin -

- Mazana-Martinez -

- Cook - Millar - Robertson - Gilhaney -

- Summers - Murray - Meechan - McCormack -

- McCabe -

And who knows, maybe Paul McMullan might have come home just in time for this game?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual, indebted to our hosts at Stenny for their co-operation and hospitality shown to our young fans. We will again be running buses through for the Aces - details are below for anyone wishing to travel (non members and Adults welcome). Only 14 spaces left on the 2nd bus, so book quick.

http://www.airdriefc.com/news/2016/02/aces

12647112_1157364850964563_74661760875026

- McMenamin -

- Mazana-Martinez -

- Cook - Millar - Robertson - Gilhaney -

- Summers - Murray - Meechan - McCormack -

- McCabe -

Was about to call you out on having 12 players till I realised Mazana-Martinez is one guy.

No Hugo for us, suspended for his two bookings added to those he accumulated at Livingston. Would think maybe Watt will drop back with Cox filling the attacking mid role and Cadden on the wing.

I can't see EWB wanting to tamper too much with a setup that has served us so well in the last two matches. Hugo being suspended is a blow, but I'd imagine it'll simply mean the re-introduction of Cadden as el Gringo has suggested (which is no bad thing).

I'd be tempted to revert back to 4-4-2 for this one and put Prunty up top with Lister as it was effective in our win over the Rovers last month. The main thing either way is that we have good options.

I've no doubt it'll be a tough game, as we've struggled to get the measure of Stenny this season, but we need to keep our momentum going and I fancy us to do just that.

2-0 Airdrie

Is this a Cat C game for ticket pricing? Might head along, seem to remember Stenny doing a good pie and soup.

Yes, this is a Cat C game. Tickets £13 for general admittance, £10 if you bring your Airdrie season ticket.

Someone has a touch of the John Kyles!

That was my first thoughts as well but there aren't enough comments about Parry and at least 90% of the words are spelt correctly so not sure it is actually him.

Not sure how we will line up for this one tbh, hoping we keep this 4-2-3-1 system on the go as it is starting to work now. I would drop watt to cover the space left by Faria and put Cadden or Cox through the middle. Going to go for a 3-1 away win.

That was my first thoughts as well but there aren't enough comments about Parry and at least 90% of the words are spelt correctly so not sure it is actually him.

Not sure how we will line up for this one tbh, hoping we keep this 4-2-3-1 system on the go as it is starting to work now. I would drop watt to cover the space left by Faria and put Cadden or Cox through the middle. Going to go for a 3-1 away win.

I think it's more likely Cox would slot into the vacancy left by Farias suspension as he's more capable of playing there than Watt.

Anyway, we've had a few good results without ever playing particularly well. Hoping for the same here.

1-2 - Watt and Fitzpatrick

Archived