Stenhousemuir -vs Airdrieonians

You are being generous,he has cost us many more goals than the Stranraer game.The problem is we have a small squad and all we are doing is moving players about in an effort to compensate.Keeper,Center Half and left back have been major problems up to now but with Summers back,McCabe in goals and for me Meechan at right back i,d be a lot more confident defending and attacking.Dont get me wrong i,m not a fan of Malcolm as he is done now but Lister is one of the few forwards in this league who wont destroy him for pace.Four of the back five in their best positions is a big step forward IMHO.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make here. The goalkeeper had been a problem when Jamie Barclay was playing but everyone else - Gould, Bowman, McCabe and even Sean Robertson - have looked better than him. The last time Barclay played was over two months ago. Centre-back hasn't been a concern since Malcolm was dropped seven weeks ago. Left-back has never been an issue this season and I think it's very unfair that Jim Paterson's contribution has been overlooked.

So we appear to have a settled defence since the start of 2016. That's a month and a half without any "major problems". And you're suggesting we upset this balance purely to shove Meechan out to right-back, a position he hasn't played since the start of the season, so we can stick Malcolm at centre-back because Jim Lister's a bit slow?

Madness. Have a word with yourself.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've seen of the lad, I'm not 100% convinced he'll make it but perhaps with F/T training next season he might develop and kick on.

I want to see us win every game we compete in. I think it'd be a bit of a kick in the balls to the fans who pay their cash to chuck the towel in and start playing youngsters, just to see if they'll make it.. We should be playing as strong a team as possible and there's absolutely no reason why we cant do something in the play off's, f**k knows we're due to win them sometime.

I don't buy this "no benefit in going up" lark either.I can understand the reticence given what's happened when we've been shunted into a league we had no right to be in, however this time it's different. We've said we're going full time. There's going to be at least one P/T team in the league so finishing bottom wont be a guarantee. We'd be likely up against one of Rangers/Hibs/Dundee Utd/Killie or (hopefully) Motherwell and they'll bring decent crowds, which can only help put better product on the park.

For me, it's an absolute no-brainer that we should be pushing on as quickly as possible to try and catch some of the bigger teams while they're still in the 'Championship'. That's why is disappointing to me to hear through various sources that this season has been more or less

written off.

Exactly- can't believe this idea that we are better off in the 2nd division it's nuts.

The point touchedbymadness is I believe if Stewart keeps working hard I don't se any reason why he can't go on make a similar impact to cadden he has the attributes to be a good footballer I feel the areas he can improve on is strength and getting extra yard in his game by being fitter. I feel he's a yard of the pace.

You mean natural growth from a teenager to a man? Just like Cadden is doing since you compared him from 17 to 19 years?

f**k me, you are a genius kiddo. Hard to understand but incisive, alert, and verging on genius.

Look forward to deciphering more of your stunning comments later!

It's pretty minging in Stenhousemuir and the snow's coming down pretty quickly. The club hasn't given any indication the game's in doubt but I'm expecting the worst.

Sure I seen a tweet from them this morning saying it wasn't in doubt.

The snow's not really lying at all so I'd be surprised if it's off.

Archived