Stenhousemuir -vs Airdrieonians

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, I think Scott Stewart will turn out to be a good player; just not yet. I can't help but think Watt will slip back into midfield and Cox, Cadden and Bain will share the three behind the striker. Lister will put himself about and knows just how to do everything to the edge: giving a dunt here, a push there, and it shows how much we've missed him, sadly I don't think Prunty has a place in this setup. It's good to see the pace coming from the full backs too, if look likes we've finally grown out of the outdated the rigid 4-4-2 system of old.

I,ll be in the minority but i would play Malcolm in this game.Lister will play up top for Airdrie,old school handful but no great pace.Meechan is a terrific right back who is always looking for the ball as is Summers on the left.We changed our shape as we were conceding too many and while that has worked we are not scoring many.Two footballing full backs would massively help Gils and Cook going forward and Carlos deserves a run.He is that something different that wins you matches.

I,ll be in the minority but i would play Malcolm in this game.Lister will play up top for Airdrie,old school handful but no great pace.Meechan is a terrific right back who is always looking for the ball as is Summers on the left.We changed our shape as we were conceding too many and while that has worked we are not scoring many.Two footballing full backs would massively help Gils and Cook going forward and Carlos deserves a run.He is that something different that wins you matches.

Woah, you're definitely in the minority here. Are you forgetting Stuart Malcolm's last few games for the club? Remember how many goals he assisted in the 5-1 pumping from Stranraer on Boxing Day? There's no way Malcolm should be anywhere near the starting XI unless Ross Meechan and Euan Murray have lost both of their legs.

Defence is as solid as it has been all season. Summers gives us an attacking threat that wasn't there with Paterson.

Agree about Carlos. We need to do something to make us more of a threat up front. Despite his cameo last week , I would also start Scotland ahead of mcmenamin.

The point touchedbymadness is I believe if Stewart keeps working hard I don't se any reason why he can't go on make a similar impact to cadden he has the attributes to be a good footballer I feel the areas he can improve on is strength and getting extra yard in his game by being fitter. I feel he's a yard of the pace.

Pesadilla do you think cadden was a better player when mcaleer was on loan from partick because mcaleer was a good footballer then and cadden couldn't get near team yes cadden was still progressing but at that stage he wasn't any better he was similar to Stewart pushed of ball easily and yard of pace which is not the case now.

Defence is as solid as it has been all season. Summers gives us an attacking threat that wasn't there with Paterson.

Agree about Carlos. We need to do something to make us more of a threat up front. Despite his cameo last week , I would also start Scotland ahead of mcmenamin.

Don't see any reason to drop McMenamin, he's played well over the last couple of months. Scotland looked terribly out of sorts last weekend and I see no evidence why he should be starting at the moment.

Pesadilla do you think cadden was a better player when mcaleer was on loan from partick because mcaleer was a good footballer then and cadden couldn't get near team yes cadden was still progressing but at that stage he wasn't any better he was similar to Stewart pushed of ball easily and yard of pace which is not the case now.

I said at the start of the season that I wasn't convinced by the signing of McAleer as, in the previous season, he was a bench warmer for East Fife in a lower division. Lo and behold, it turns out he was useless for us and showed nothing in the few run outs he got.

He was good for a season with us but so was David Dunn, mind him?

Anyway, Cadden has showed some real promise and that's why I'd like to see him start.

Woah, you're definitely in the minority here. Are you forgetting Stuart Malcolm's last few games for the club? Remember how many goals he assisted in the 5-1 pumping from Stranraer on Boxing Day? There's no way Malcolm should be anywhere near the starting XI unless Ross Meechan and Euan Murray have lost both of their legs.

You are being generous,he has cost us many more goals than the Stranraer game.The problem is we have a small squad and all we are doing is moving players about in an effort to compensate.Keeper,Center Half and left back have been major problems up to now but with Summers back,McCabe in goals and for me Meechan at right back i,d be a lot more confident defending and attacking.Dont get me wrong i,m not a fan of Malcolm as he is done now but Lister is one of the few forwards in this league who wont destroy him for pace.Four of the back five in their best positions is a big step forward IMHO.

Archived