Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

Wilson or Wallace for me, probably Wallace, a captains job to dig in and lead his team on an unwelcoming night, which is exactly what he did. He got us back Ito shape on the few occasions they ventured forward.

Great bringing the ball out tonight too and knows how to draw the opposition on to it. Terrific result, but We're by means a top quality first year side just yer,

Did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FTFY

YCV - an originally inclusive militia which soon morphed in to The UVF under Carson and James Craig which then became the distinguished 36th Ulster Division at The Somme in 1916.

I don't like sectarian songs (Super Rangers, TBB eg) but can understand the 'middle of the road' Unionist ones. Nothing about football but we all know that.

Indeed...I said as much on the QOTS match thread. Those three speedmeisters will run riot at the weekend.

The 'middle of the road Unionist' shite should stop too. It's deliberately sung to be divisive.

As for your bit about the Queens game this weekend, I too would expect a Rangers victory. It's not like you to be quite so bullish though. Usually, you leave that to thepundit and one or two others.

Getting a little carried away?

Took the game in as a neutral. Rangers thoroughly deserved the win.

First half was a good old fashioned cup tie, both teams had chances and got stuck in. The Rangers penalty incident happened right in front of me. Stevie Smith got caught watching Waghorn and completely lost track of the ball. By the time he realised his error, he was behind Waghorn and took him out. Killie scored a decent goal to get back into it, which I thought might help them push on. Unfortunately it did anything but that in the second half.

Killie's midfield just seemed to disappear as the game went on and Rangers pressed until they got the winner. Even when Killie had the chance to counter atack they seemed happy to slow the game down instead of push for a goal. It was a shame Findlay had to go to LB to replace the injured Smith. Findlay looks a decent centre half and Killie were weakened when he moved position.

Not sure about either of the other penalty claims that weren't given, but the ref wasn't that bad. 9 times out of 10 he didn't give a free-kick because there was an advantage to be played.

Killie look a team desperately short on confidence and looked devastated (but not surprised) when that goal went in. It will be interesting to see how they react to try and avoid 11th.

Rangers are no where near the quality of their old team. There's quite a few in there that wouldn't cut it in the Premier League, but there are some good talents for them to build around.

Lastly, and I moaned about this pre-game, what was the point in those forms you had to fill in to get into the home support? When Rangers scored a first minute penalty, there must have been a hundred Rangers fans celebrating in the Frank Beattie stand and no action was taken. Why bother with it at all?

So you mention the songs Rangers fans sang and are denying what your own support sang? Maybe now you will at least understand the dot.

Bob, we sing a couple of songs about Ayr. We sing Killie Boys and Paper Roses - that's it. If you want to try to pretend we sang anything else then that's entirely up to you.

Did you have a stroke while typing that last sentence?

Ha ha, aye I think so, been out in Kilwinning since lunchtime yesterday on the road down, so was a bit fuzzy by the time I was back in the house last night.

eta, think what I was trying to say before dozing off, was 'great result, but by no means are we a quality top tier side yet' lol

Well isn't this thread a good input into the 'debate' about Rangers being a new club. Remarkable the bitterness and hatred being shown towards a club that have only existed for four years. Is it possible to be so jealous of such a newborn institution who have never even won a major trophy?

Gnash gnash gnash.

Just reading the thread back from last night, some guy called GeorgeColl, absolutely no contribution to the match thread at all, just hurling insults like some pished up jakey stood tottering in a pub doorway, shouting random abuse out into the middle of the street at shoppers walking by.

How angry do they get when we win eh!?

Why even use the tune of a sectarian song? There's plenty of non sectarian tunes to choose from. Or better yet, be creative and come up with your own tune. Absolutely no excuse.

What happens when the sectarian tunes are themselves plagiarised from non-sectarian tunes.

Tuneception

Could you give me an example of this, or are you slavering as per?

To use TBB as an example as it was brought up earlier, the tune is an American Civil War song called Marching Through Georgia, which has been pinched for numerous things for 150 years.

Anything else?

Why even use the tune of a sectarian song? There's plenty of non sectarian tunes to choose from. Or better yet, be creative and come up with your own tune. Absolutely no excuse.

Marching Through Georgia is sectarian? When did this happen.

A Killie poster earlier in the thread knew exactly the song I was talking about. OK I am being facetious but I hate somebody going to a game like last nights and come away and complain about 1 song that was sung once by the stand opposite the Chadwick Stand (Moffat?).

Complain about the utterly dreadful Bobby Madden, Complain about the standard of football and complete lack of football from the Premier league team, Praise the supporters for turning up in their thousands in such dreadful weather, praise the atmosphere created by both sets of fans.

I am in no way condoning the singing of Super Rangers and mentioned earlier I wish it wasn't sung and I never sing it. Dreadful song and sectarian songs have no place a football games regardless of who is singing them. If you want to post about it then at least be balanced in your post and don't just make things up or complain about songs that are not sectarian in any way

Marching Through Georgia is sectarian? When did this happen.

A Killie poster earlier in the thread knew exactly the song I was talking about. OK I am being facetious but I hate somebody going to a game like last nights and come away and complain about 1 song that was sung once by the stand opposite the Chadwick Stand (Moffat?).

Complain about the utterly dreadful Bobby Madden, Complain about the standard of football and complete lack of football from the Premier league team, Praise the supporters for turning up in their thousands in such dreadful weather, praise the atmosphere created by both sets of fans.

I am in no way condoning the singing of Super Rangers and mentioned earlier I wish it wasn't sung and I never sing it. Dreadful song and sectarian songs have no place a football games regardless of who is singing them. If you want to post about it then at least be balanced in your post and don't just make things up or complain about songs that are not sectarian in any way

Stop talking PISH. Super Rangers and Follow Follow were sung several times each and I honestly have no idea what Killie song you are referring to, (I have a suspicion that neither do you).

But that's a heartfelt condemnation of the bigotry on show Bob. You are an inspiration to us all.

Archived