Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

Are Rangers fans nervous about the possibility that Kane Hemmings is potentially going to come back and haunt them on their patch?

IF Dundee manage to get past Dumbarton and I expect them to do so then the answer to your question is an emphatic YES! I always rated him and it is a reflection on the management team at Ibrox at the time that Hemmings played well when playing for a struggling Cowdenbeath team but when he came back to Ibrox to play in a lower league for a team that was far better , on paper, than everybody in that league it just didn't happen for him.

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF Dundee manage to get past Dumbarton and I expect them to do so then the answer to your question is an emphatic YES! I always rated him and it is a reflection on the management team at Ibrox at the time that Hemmings played well when playing for a struggling Cowdenbeath team but when he came back to Ibrox to play in a lower league for a team that was far better , on paper, than everybody in that league it just didn't happen for him.

Thank you for a serious answer Bob. I can only put down the fact that your fellow fans are avoiding the question to nerves.

"5 minutes in the sun" though :lol:

Better than five minutes in existence, eh?

Keep telling yourself that, I'm sure it's good medication.

Should Dundee go through, aye it will be another tough game, but let's stop pretending they're f*ckin Barcelona, with or without Hemmings.

thepundit shitting it the minute he's asked to back up a ludicrous statement. Pleasing.

It's "ludicrous" to say Rangers should be winning against Dundee at Ibrox?.......

Edit: I suppose from a Dumbarton fans' perspective it is.

Aye. I'd say at the best, you've got a 50/50 chance. And that's me being kind.

There is absolutely nothing to suggest you're a better side than Dundee. Nothing at all.

I would say we have a very slightly better chance of beating Dundee than 50/50 but I am not overly optimistic. I watched them recently against St Johnstone and they were OK but nothing special. We will create chances against them but our problem is converting these chances.

They don't need to be special. They just need to be able to pressure. The reason you're going to wind up winning the Championship is that you can trounce most teams most weeks. The attacking threat is potent, but you're FAR too shaky at the back. So Dundee shouldn't really have to be spectacular. Just take advantage of the mistakes when they come, and they are definitely going to come.

You've beaten two premier sides this season who have been, let's face it, pretty gash at the time.

I would say we have a very slightly better chance of beating Dundee than 50/50 but I am not overly optimistic. I watched them recently against St Johnstone and they were OK but nothing special. We will create chances against them but our problem is converting these chances.

I watched your team against St Johnstone as well. Whereas we were "nothing special" we dispatched of them with ease whereas St Johnstone ripped Rangers a new one at Ibrox. Where does that sit with the pundit's "we should be beating Dundee" and you're "better than 50/50 chance" patter?

You boys are just typing shite with absolutely nothing to back it up.

I watched your team against St Johnstone as well. Whereas we were "nothing special" we dispatched of them with ease whereas St Johnstone ripped Rangers a new one at Ibrox. Where does that sit with the pundit's "we should be beating Dundee" and you're "better than 50/50 chance" patter?

St Johnstone hardly outplayed us. They took advantage of the mistakes that Randy Giles mentioned. We were dreadful at the back that night and while St J were taking their chances we were spurning ours. I already mentioned we need to improve our chances to goals count dramatically or we will get punished against better quality opposition

You are implying that seeing as you managed to beat St J and they beat us Dundee should be heavy favourites. What about your failure to beat a very ordinary Dumbarton team? We beat Hibs and they beat Hearts and Hearts beat Dundee.......you see how ridiculous that argument is?

I said Rangers are very slightly better than 50/50 IMO as we are at home and have been playing better at the back recently. Tav is still a worry defensively but what he lacks there he makes up with his attacking play.

To be honest, no. He's a player who wasn't ready to play for Rangers so the club were right to let him move on.

If he scores, he scores. But it won't alter the fact Rangers should be getting past Dundee at Ibrox. If Rangers lose it won't be due to Hemmings but a well organised Dundee side who collaborated well as a team to dump Rangers out of the tournament.

I'll politely disagree with the statement he wasn't ready to play for Rangers. We were in the lowest league of Scottish football, playing against part time players who earn less than some junior teams. The reason he didn't play and subsequently got shipped off was due to the inept management of McCoist who bought over the hill players instead of nurturing our own young players. He was sent on loan to Cowdenbeath in a higher division and scored 4 goals in 7 games.

The little game time he got under McCoist he was played up top on his own. Had he been given a fair run and gained some confidence we would not have had to endure the likes of Jon Daly, Fran Sandaza & Kevin Kyle.

I wish him good luck in his career just not against Dumbarton, or if they beat them, Rangers :P

Currently sitting in a comfortable joint 4th

Played 25

Won 8

Drawn 9

Lost 8

Goals For 39

Goals Against 41

Goal Difference -2

Going by your logic - As we're ahead of Hibs in the league, we've beaten them 3 times to 1 this season in games played, they have beaten a host of SPFL clubs including Hearts so we should be sitting 3rd in SPFL?

Lol :lol::lol::thumsup2:thumsup2

Going by your logic - As we're ahead of Hibs in the league, we've beaten them 3 times to 1 this season in games played, they have beaten a host of SPFL clubs including Hearts so we should be sitting 3rd in SPFL?

Lol :lol::lol::thumsup2:thumsup2

Do you even know what the SPFL is?

Edit to say: You may want to rethink those LOLs after that.

Archived