Hibs v Hearts 5th Round Replay - Tuesday 16th Feb

Bambino7

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember Juanma joining Hearts then saying his dream was to play in the EPL one day.

Cannae see it to be honest.

I'm frantically checking if Estonia, Erritrea or East Timor have a 'premier league' so this haddock can live the dream next season.

Were the officials correct in regards to Hearts disallowed goals ?

Will watch it again tomorrow when it's uploaded onto Hibs TV. The officials were a bombscare tonight, said before the sendings off that the ref looked like he was losing the plot.

Good derby though had a bit of everything apart from a jambo victory. Real game of two halves and nervy stuff towards the end but still felt as though Hearts weren't going to score somehow despite the possession in the 2nd half. Can't remember the last time I saw the team play so deep.

Having heard Rangers claiming the world's worst red card for Halliday at Greenock I hope Hibs submit their claim for Cummings.

The ref wasn't gonnae send him off until 3 Jambo got involved

BOTH reds sounded soft.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't appeal a red which is for two yellows can you?

Will watch it again tomorrow when it's uploaded onto Hibs TV. The officials were a bombscare tonight, said before the sendings off that the ref looked like he was losing the plot.

Good derby though had a bit of everything apart from a jambo victory. Real game of two halves and nervy stuff towards the end but still felt as though Hearts weren't going to score somehow despite the possession in the 2nd half. Can't remember the last time I saw the team play so deep.

I was hoping both were wrongly called offside. Makes it all the sweeter.

Getting a bit repetitive coming on and saying we were gutless in a derby and that Hibs were the better side. Still can't figure out why he's played Cowie on the right to begin with, total waste. Although when he came into the middle of the park he was arguably our best player. Deserved nothing and Hibs were by far the better team over the two games.

That is fucking embarrassing if he's come out with that.

'We talked at length about shifting the ball from side to side - that's how you beat Hibs. But we didn't do it enough' - something along those lines, but not verbatim.

Nothing about his own mistakes though - team selection, tactics, allowing decent players to go on loan, and bringing in players who aren't any better, etc.

There's hope for Neilson if he can learn from his mistakes - Levein is more stubborn, and unlikely to change.

Having heard Rangers claiming the world's worst red card for Halliday at Greenock I hope Hibs submit their claim for Cummings.

The ref wasn't gonnae send him off until 3 Jambo got involved

Augustyn's was worse than Cummings. He got a yellow for flinging the ball directly back to where the free kick was from.

Thought we more than deserved extra time from that but if you start as poorly as we did you are asking for trouble.

'We talked at length about shifting the ball from side to side - that's how you beat Hibs. But we didn't do it enough' - something along those lines, but not verbatim.

Nothing about his own mistakes though - team selection, tactics, allowing decent players to go on loan, and bringing in players who aren't any better, etc.

There's hope for Neilson if he can learn from his mistakes - Levein is more stubborn, and unlikely to change.

I actually thought we got the ball wide plenty first half but our midfield was far too narrow and Rossi and Paterson had clearly been told not to bomb on so every time they got to the halfway line it resulted in them shelling it aimlessly into the box. Or in Paterson's case shelling past every player we have and out of play.

Archived