Hibs v Hearts 5th Round Replay - Tuesday 16th Feb

Bambino7

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a neutral at the game tonight, was honestly one of the best footballing atmospheres I've seen in person. Sitting in the East stand tonight, was so loud I didn't even hear the final whistle. Hearts few attempts to chant being completely drowned out. Sunshine on Leith at the end was something else, really special.

Knew the game was going to produce some drama. Think the red cards were a bit of a dampener on a good high tempo game. Hibs v Caley should be decent.

Jesus, Hearts. You must be shite getting beat by that diddy mob.

If the hibees make it to the semis i would happily take them and get a free pass to the final.

Just you settle yourself down. Your team needed 2 legs just to squeeze past Lolmarnock. You're getting papped out in the quarters at Ibrokes.

As a neutral at the game tonight, was honestly one of the best footballing atmospheres I've seen in person. Sitting in the East stand tonight, was so loud I didn't even hear the final whistle. Hearts few attempts to chant being completely drowned out. Sunshine on Leith at the end was something else, really special.

Knew the game was going to produce some drama. Think the red cards were a bit of a dampener on a good high tempo game. Hibs v Caley should be decent.

Good to hear you enjoyed yourself man. Having had my Season ticket in the old cowshed it took me a while to warm to the new East stand. No doubt the sound travels much better now. Think in the old shed it sounded loud when you're in amongst it but it probably didn't travel around the stadium well.

You can't wack Sunshine on Leith, hopefully it gets it's next airing at Hampden next month.

Didn't expect the game to pan out as it did tbh. Wasn't surprised by Hibs' start but they tapered off after 20-25 minutes. We grew into it from there and the second half was like The Alamo. Don Cowie was bosing everything. :lol:

Neilson is a fucking fanny, though. No sympathy for him at all. Hibs deserved it for fighting back in the first leg in the end as well anyway.

The atmosphere was gash as well. You could tell how many day-trippers made up the home support. The Hibs end was far more vocal in the games there last season with far fewer numbers.

Is it a case of Levein masking his failings as a manager? Skooshing the Championship and sitting comfortably in 3rd place the following season looks good on paper, but a lot of that could well be down to solid recruitment (Sow etc.) edit: or just an overreaction to a derby defeat?

Is it a case of Levein masking his failings as a manager? Skooshing the Championship and sitting comfortably in 3rd place the following season looks good on paper, but a lot of that could well be down to solid recruitment (Sow etc.) edit: or just an overreaction to a derby defeat?

I saw a few Hearts fans in meltdown after the original tie, then everything was fine again after they pumped Ross County away from home, and now they're in meltdown again. So I'd say it's just an overreaction to a derby defeat. We've all been there.

How many legs do footballers need?
That just makes it even more stupid, especially as his team isn't in the 1/4 final.
This wasn't a 2-legged tie.
Oh dear.A) I never once said that my team were in the quarters.B) No matter how pedantic you're attempting to be about it being a replay, the tie ended up being settled over two legs.I know for a fact you are going to attempt to get into an incredibly tedious debate about replays versus two-legged ties so this will be my final word on the matter.

Archived