Hibs v Hearts 5th Round Replay - Tuesday 16th Feb

Bambino7

Exactly - The problem is not killing games off when we have the chance, and we had a rely bad run after our excellent start to the season.

On the other hand we have ridden our luck a few times too. This doesn't just apply to Hearts though- this is probably the "worst " Celtic side in memory but imagine if Aberdeen hadn't had their shitey run- it would be a totally different table.

We're probably off on another one now.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Goosebumps every time I'm in the crowd and Sunshine on Leith plays, absolutely love it.

My wee cousin who loves his music and has no interest in football whatsoever has just declared his undying love for Hibs on facebook after watching footage of the singing of Sunshine on Leith from Tuesday night.

If I was a Jambo I'd be asking Robbie why he shat it at home when 2 up against a worse team

He said in his post match interview on Tuesday night that the tie had been lost in the last 10 minutes at Tynecastle. What a bizarre thing to say considering they had another 90 minutes to sort it out.

No point in throwing the toys out the pram. We've been spoilt winning against poor Hibs teams in recent years. Hope the Hibs fans enjoy it because if they come up next year (hopefully) they'll face a better Hearts side. Credit to Stubbs he inherited a rotten team so for his 2nd year in charge he's building a talented squad. Some concerns about Neilson's ability to manage the big games though as has been said. Still need to keep winning in the league and hopefully bring through a couple more younger players.

Hearts fans are actually taking his well. Lot less of a war zone than before. Decent posters these days, respect

That's because we know the better team won(over both games ) and credit to Stubbs and the team were its due.

Still hate hibs tho if that's any concelation tho

If I was a Jambo I'd be asking Robbie why he shat it at home when 2 up against a worse team

I'll be sure to do so the next time I meet up with him...

Tuesday was very disappointing. Probably still should have taken it into extra-time despite a terrible first half. Hibs made the same mistake as we did at Tynecastle, sat in far too deep, but a combination of Juanma's antics and a bit of bad luck meant we weren't able to take advantage.

Fair dues to Hibs, their record against top-flight teams is very good. Need to perform better against lesser teams if they want to get promoted, though.

Robbie Neilson's record v Celtic, Rangers, Hibs and Aberdeen

P - 18

W - 4

D - 6

L - 8

F - 18

A - 27

Probably skewed by a couple of heavy losses in the cups to Celtic last season but interesting.

Have read a lot of Hearts fans slating his record in "big games", but in the case of Celtic and Aberdeen is it not just the case that they're better than them and in that respect Hearts will tend to lose more than they win whoever is in charge?

Against Rangers and Hibs the record is 3 wins and 4 losses I think, which is hardly a disaster.

I'm happy with where we are, especially given where we were fairly recently, and I've seen some terrible terrible Hearts sides in the past. :lol:

Fact is, football Hibs fans are notoriously fickle, have short selective memories, and often always have unrealistic expectations.

Again, though - despite a more than decent performance so far this season, we've drawn and lost games that were winnable - it happens, of course, but it's frustrating.

FTFY Mate.

Great song and also like a lot of The Proclaimers other stuff tbh.

It's just such a shame its never been played in celebration after a Scottish Cup Final victory.

Got their 'the best of' CD in the car.

Thankfully I can listen to the music without looking at them :lol:

Have read a lot of Hearts fans slating his record in "big games", but in the case of Celtic and Aberdeen is it not just the case that they're better than them and in that respect Hearts will tend to lose more than they win whoever is in charge?

Against Rangers and Hibs the record is 3 wins and 4 losses I think, which is hardly a disaster.

3 wins and 3 losses.

You're right about the first point. It's skewed by us getting Celtic in both cups last season as a lower league side when we weren't ready. Even then we played pretty well in the first game and had several great chances at 1-0 down. Second game was over after the early red card. The two games we lost to Hibs and Rangers last year weren't big games. That doesn't mean we didn't want to win them but they had nothing riding on them other than pride.

This season we've got progressively better in the 3 games against both Celtic and Aberdeen, both result and performance wise.

Which only really leaves the cup game, a game Hibs edged over two ties that we really should have seen out in the first match. Good second half from Hibs and some bad luck with injuries and we're out and folk lose their heads.

I'm fucked if I'm getting on board with the Proclaimers love though. Absolute shite

Well I'm not too hidebound to admit to liking Sunshine on Leith nor too much of a west-coaster to acknowledge that Edinburgh is a beautiful city.

You can enjoy both here:

Great song and also like a lot of The Proclaimers other stuff tbh.

It's just such a shame its never been played in celebration after a Scottish Cup Final victory.

SoL? Hate it. Such a miserable sounding dirge.

Like the Proclaimers themselves and they have some classics - Letter to America for one - but that one?

Archived